bad eye infection!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mummel

Reaction score
Angelsuddenly got a bad eye infection. She was fine yesterday and today there seems to be skin covering her eyes in the inner corner and her eyes look blurry.

I will go to the vet tomorrow (Mo.). Im just worried because I have never seen an eye infection that bad :shock:...Is there something I can do right now?:(

Have you been to the vet yet? How's she doing?

My Loki has problems with one of his tear ducts, and when it's acting up I clean the area around his eyes with a soft, warm, wet cloth or paper towel. If the problem is actually on the eye, you could try rinsing it with normal sterile saline, the kind used for contact lenses.

Yes I have been to the vet. Yesterday I treated her with some herbal eyedrops I always have at hom and luckily it was a lot better this morning. The vet gave me stronger antibiotic eyedrops.

Unfortunalety the visit at the vet was disturbing for her..she seemd to be really scared of the vet.:(

I read about the vet visit in your other thread, I'm sorry things didn't go well. Hopefully the antibiotic drops will work, but if things don't clear up you may want to try oral antibiotics (the vet may be willing to mix up a batch that you can pick up without needing to bring her back in).

Keep us posted :hug2

The infection seems to be gone. Funny ist theres still a little piece of Skin visible in her inner eye corner that does not want to go away..I will talk to the vet about that on monday.

@M.e.

She seems to have forgotten what happened. She is actually very easy when it comes to getting grabbed..:?I will hold her myself on monday though..maybe vets have something that reminds her of a predator :D

Back