"Backing off From Bunnies" Story on front cover of local paper

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spring

Reaction score
I was so happy when Iread this todayon the front page of the news paper! Step in the right direction. Ihope someone who sees this will think twice before they buy that"Perfect cuddly Easter bunny" for someone.

The article is Backing off FromBunnies:

http://www.surreyleader.com/

:happydance

Thought I would share :).

That was a great article. I need to reread it(so I can find contact information) and then drop the newspaper anemail of support....

Excellent article. Bunnies are a joy to have butthey are also a responsibility and are not what I would call "easy tocare for."

I have four buns and I find myself constantly advising people on the highs and lows of owning a bunny.

I just love Francis The Bunny. He's such a cute little guy. :)

Wallace

Very nice. When I brag to people thatI have rabbits and that they're litter trained, you should see thelooks on their faces. People don't even know that rabbits areeasily litter trained:shock:, let alone the million other things aboutthem.:(

I had one little guy who used to drag his litter box to the door when he wanted it changed.

Tio (or Kyo) would ring their toy bell for the litterbox to be changedevery few days. I know it was that because the only other time theyrang was for suppertime.

I still have a few guys who will drag their litter box around and letme know when they want it dumped. They don't usually set it right infront of the door like the one little guy did - but they manage to letme know they want it cleaned now.

This is such a great article! :) Should be more like it!

I dont mean to hijack the thread but in Australia at the moment thereis an advert for Wattyl/Bristol/Dulux (not 100% sure which paintcompany) that is saying for $55 this Easter you can buy a bunny rabbitor get 4 litres of paint for your house! I mean who compares the lifeof an animal with paint for *@#!'s sake! Sorry this ad really makes meangry. :mad:

Back on topic, I hope more people take note of the article this Easter.

i think there are a lot of rabbit myths thatcontibute to trouble when people get a pet.I think rabbits are goodpets for children (not todddlers).i think the child should be oldenough to at least do part of the chores involved in taking care of thepet.bluebird

TinysMom wrote:
I had one little guy who used to drag his litter box to thedoor when he wanted it changed.

Tio (or Kyo) would ring their toy bell for the litterbox to be changedevery few days. I know it was that because the only other time theyrang was for suppertime.

I still have a few guys who will drag their litter box around and letme know when they want it dumped. They don't usually set it right infront of the door like the one little guy did - but they manage to letme know they want it cleaned now.
I know, Angel will scoot hers in front of her cage door when she wants hers changed too, it's quite neat.:)

Latest posts

Back