Back to school day

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs. PBJ

Reaction score
So tell us your back to school story.

Be it your children or yourself.

So the girls got up easy and such of course. But there bus got lost on the way home and they did not make it home off the bus tell 6 pm 3 hours on the bus.

So then a pre k 4 and second grader have homework. Their mom had to go to night school herself so aunty has to get everyone fed and homework done before 8. Now remember what time they came home. Also they need baths cause it like 107 outside so no being able to skip baths tonight.

Talk about overwhelming evening don't forget the fact I have a set of twins running around also. Who need diapers and to eat them selves. needless to say everyone got in bed by 8:45 a little late the twins did not get a bath but they will get one tomorrow.

Whoa three hours on the school bus!...what a pain!...and whew what an exhausting evening you had..

Schools here in Oz don't break up until Dec...that's the kids big summer break...six weeks no school...yay!..says Jeremy...i'll still be working everyday though:p.

I started nursing school (RN) yesterday and am totally stressing out. It's a very fast paced program, but I'm really excited about undertaking this challenge. I'm also still homeschooling my son (6th grade), so have to manage my time very well. (Eating breakfast and checking onto RO before I leave for school this morning LOL)

My first day of classes is tomorrow.
I'm taking Introductory Animal Physiology, Medical Parasitology, The Art Of Teaching, Exploring German Contexts II, Autotutorial Physics I, and Equitation Intermediate II.

School sucks. Trig class sucks. My trig instructor sucks. French class sucks. However my french instructor actually isn't too bad and I've discussed with her why french class sucks with positive results. Maybe tomorrow only trig will suck. The concept of school still hasn't improved though and I'm 25.

2 hours from now I'll be back in German class. I'm nervous my German will be awful and also once I start speaking in German, it slips out a lot when I'm supposed to be speaking English. My poor roommates...

I am missing my first day back because I will be in Portugal :p

I don't want to go back to school :(
Irish school is so much harder then school in America, wish I could go to school there.
This is my last year School is from 8.55am-4.00pm and you are expected to spend at least three hours after that on homework and study, weekends should be mostly dedicated to school work as well as Christmas break, particularly around the end of the year, when our exams to try and get what we want to do in college is on.

You have to do seven subjects.

Irish
English
Maths
German
Biology
Economics
History

Having not gone to an irish school, I obviously can't say for sure, but high school was no easy feat for me. Our school day lasted from 8:00 - 3:05 and I also took 7 classes - a number of which were either honors or "AP" (advanced placement - you can get college credit for them). I would say I worked an average of 4 hours a night on homework and any time I wasn't doing on the weekend I was volunteering.
Cornell is obviously a whole different ballpark, as they say, but that's why it means something to say I'm getting an "Ivy League Education"

Yeah, high school wasn't a walk in the park for me, either- I had difficult classes and was at school every day from 7 am until 3 pm. I had about 5 hours of homework every night too. Classes required a lot of hard work to get an A in. I know there are a lot of stereotypes about American schools being terrible, but that's what they are- stereotypes. There definitely ARE some bad American schools, but they aren't all that way. I'm sure there are some schools in Ireland that aren't fantastic either.

Latest posts

Back