Back leg weakness!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When my bunny (2 months old) was put in supine in the Vet's hand, it started screaming (screeched like an eagle!!!) and afterwards it could not raise her hind legs. It was able to drag her butt only without pacing or moving its hind legs. The doctor gave it an anti-inflammatory and could not explain what happened as it had no visible signs before we took it to the vet. The only explanation was extreme shock and hind muscle spasms.

Since three hours, it is raising her behind off the floor but it is still low. It seems to be pacing her hind legs rather than hopping. It ate and pooped and seems calm.

We had taken it to the vet for an injection against a skin infection. This was her third one but this happened before it took the injection.

Can someone help and whether this is a normal reaction to stress? Please advice!!

Oh my, I have never heard of this. I'm so sorry your little bunny has to deal with it. Good luck and bunny kisses. We will be praying for you. :pray:

It sounds like some kind of spinal cord injury occurred. Why did the vet put her in a supine position? Bunnies do not like to lie on their backs and will often kick to right themselves when placed in that position, causing damage to the spine. I would not do that without giving the bunny's spine a lot of support and making both the head and feet immobile.

omg. i would complain to your vet. it sounds like whatever position the vet put him in has broken his back or something.

Oh no, so sorry. :(

Did the vet try to find out what happened?

Sorry for your loss.

sas :(

Latest posts

Back