back from the vets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sorry this isnt areal good picture of Lightning, she wasnt very cooperative:::

We just got back from the etsa few minutesago and im not reallyhappy :

i explained what wasgoing n with missLightning and howtemermental shewas being ,how she booted the babies off htenipple at 3 weeks ,my Vet decided to do a sonagramand low and behold missLightning is set to have aecond round of babies , they allseem wiggly but the vetisnt sure if they will actuallysurvive becauseof mommy havingbabies just barely 3 weeks ago ,anyone else heard ofdouble pregnant ? vet saysi happens when 2bucks happen upon the ame Doewith in a coupleof days apart , seemsthey have 2 uteriantubes in which to accomplishthis feat ! wheewww and weLadies think we have it tough, it certainly explainsher nasty im gonna removeyour arm attitude , cant much sayi blame her now::: thankseveryone

I LuV MaH BuNs wrote:
i was watching animal planet and it said that rabbits canconseave (spelling) the day thet give birth!
100% correct. If a doe doesn't have a sucessful litter, I rebred themthe day they give birth. It can also be the same if a doe has asucessfull litter.

Does do have two horns and but its not very common for them to get bredin both horns. From the sounds of it, she got rebred the day shekindled. ;)

I agree with Amanda,

I doubt it's a double pregnancy. The buck must have rebred with her as soon as she gave birth.

Most animals, like rabbits, have a double uterine horn, so thatwouldn't explain why superfoetation (double pregnancy)wouldoccur. It is however, common in hares.

Pam

This Doecould not possably have gottenpregnant the minuteshe gave birth unlessmy Bucks have inconcievablepowers i know nothingabout they are all housed in sepratecages and the females arenot even in the same partof the garage as themales:D so the onlyother explanation is she wasdouble bred as thebabies are due immenently from whatthe vet said

Are you sure all of your Does are Does? :?

I rebred at 4 wks. at the advice of the localbreeder (should have waited, I later learned) and the resultinglargelitter did fine, although mum decided she was tired ofbeing pregnant and nursing and weaned at 3 wks. They've got a chance!Good luck!

Rose

gypsy wrote:
This Doe could notpossably have gotten pregnantthe minute she gavebirth unless my Buckshave inconcievable powers iknow nothing about they are all housedin seprate cages and thefemales are not even in thesame part of the garage asthe males:D so the onlyother explanation is she wasdouble bred as thebabies are due immenently from whatthe vet said
Exactly what day was the first litter born? Did you breed thedoe a second time? Or is there any chance that someone elsebred the doe?

If there was no chance she was bred again, then she can't be pregnant again.

Pam

How funny. LOL I think youmust have a ghost buck that visits your doe. I'd check myother ones!! LOL

I've never heard of a "double pregnancy". I do know that dogsand cats can have a litter with multiple fathers, but the babies areall born at the same time. I also know that many smallanimals tend to breed immediately following giving birth, but if yourdoe was alone, I have no idea. Was she with multiple bucksduring her breeding or pregnancy? When did your vet think thenew babies would come?

Good luck with this interesting case.

Jen

Latest posts

Back