back from the PaSRBA Convention, with new additions. :-)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, the exact reason was "transitional hair over 2"." Plus the one with the wrong pedigree. What's the double mane look like? Is it all over their body?

wendymac wrote:
Yep, all kinds of free bunnies. They were either show bunnies (for a fee) or pet ones (for free).

Pam, what time were you done on Saturday? We went by your table one last time before we left, around noon, and you weren't there. I'll have to catch up with you at the next show, which I'm not sure when/where that will be. LOL

I did a couple breeds in the open room, then spent the rest of the day until late afternoon judging in the wool room.

That's why I couldn't find you! I didn't even know there was a wool room. It sucks being a newbie. LOL

I hope everything was okay when you got home! I see you're judging in Washington in March. I'm planning on bringing some to actually show, so should be able to catch up to you there.

Things are not well. I'm sitting here waiting for word that life-flight is ready to transfer our daughter to Cleveland Clinic. She was going into resp. failure today. We love her so much - please keep her in your prayers.

wendymac wrote:
Okay, the exact reason was "transitional hair over 2"." Plus the one with the wrong pedigree. What's the double mane look like? Is it all over their body?
So sorry I missed your question.

A double Mane is basically the Mane around the head, and the wool skirt. On newborns the neck is completely bald, along with the lower sides between the front leg and back leg. This is where the wool comes in.

If you go to the Lion Head Picture Thread and look at the Lion Head before Neville's pic, you will be looking at a Single Mane. This is the type that is being pushed. The Mane is very evident, but the Body looks more like a Netherland's fur.

With a Double Mane, the Mane is there, but the body has longer, softer fur with the wool longer at the lower sides. Some breeders have even tried to pass these rabbits off as angoras, which though they have an angora type fur (mane and skirt) they truly are not angora all over.

I think that skirt makes them unique. It's just me. Like others who look at their breed as unique, I see the DM as just that. And I would like to see this breed recognized.

I have nothing against Single Manes. Some have really gorgeous manes. I just think the Skirt makes it more.

K :)

Latest posts

Back