babys finally here!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes things like this happen with breeding.

I know with rabbits that carry the dwarfing gene (not sure if Lionheadscarry it or not), they have a risk of giving birth to peanuts or fetalgiants.

Peanuts are babies who have recieved two set of the dwarfing gene, and very rarely live past a week or two.

Fetal giants are babies that are also genetically wonky. Theyare born very large and in almost all cases still born. I'mnot sure if this has to do with not recieving a dwarfing gene, but Ibelieve non-dwarf gene babies just grow up bigger.

If the vet finds no babies stuck, then it may be safe to tryagain. I remember the first rabbit I ever bred had a fetalgiant the first time (just one baby), and then was fine with the secondlitter.

But in the end it is up to you whether you feel it safe to breed her or not.

--Dawn

the buck she was mated with was a dwarf lionhead, and she is a full sized lionhead.
the breeder i bought her off bred her for me as the only full sized albino lionhead buck i have would be too young.
she seems fine again but im going to see what the vet says.
id hate for same thing to happen again.

Aww i'm sorry,but the main thing is that Fluffy is ok:)

Ohh by the way...Fluffy is a little baby doll!:)

cheryl

I have had the fetal giants before and the doehas gone on to have normal kits in another litter later on....but it isgood to check and make sure she only had the one kit!

Peg

sorry for slow replys, we have had 2 deaths in our family this week.
anyway
no more babies in her belly:) she is eating normally, and giving me loads of cuddles
as soon as i walk into her room she runs over for me to pick her up.
she is also trying to hump everything she sees, we have decided to bred her again
im just not sure which of my bucks to bred her too now.
but after seeing what she tryed doing to another female bunny today i dont think shes fussy:bunnydance:

Glad to hear she'salright:bunnydance:and that you're going to breed her again,I hope everything goes well this time:)

LOL about her and the other bunny:rofl:

Michaela and the girls:brownbunny:brownbunny:brownbunny

updated pics on the way:D just resizing.
its almost impossibe to get pictures of these babies, i have to bribethe mommy to get anywhere near them. she picks up her food bowl when iwalk into the room smart bunny she knows i cant resist themcuties:elephant:

1vs9.jpg

2qv4.jpg

3mq4.jpg

4hw0.jpg

Aww I love them all, especially this little one!

2qv4.jpg

Soo cute!!!:inlove: Are you keeping them?

thats my fav one too:D
i wont be keeping them all i would love too but its just not possible to keep all the cute ones.
if u want 1 il meet u half way lol.
im hoping to get a new lionhead soon too, a buck for breeding. i just havent found one thats suitable yet

samixXx wrote:
if u want 1 il meet u half way lol.

Aww I would love to, but my mum will not let me have another one!:rollseyeslol

Let us know if any baby lionheads are on the way!:stork:

i was thinking of breeding one of my lionheads to a lop just to see would they have lopped ears and the mane.
i know i shouldnt cross bred them but i wouldnt do it unless i had homes for them.
2 of my dwarf babies are actually going up the north to there new home:)

We (accidentally) bred our rex with ourneighbours lop, but the babies didn't get rex fur or lop ears:rollseyeslol But the lop has longish fur, if it was shorter maybe they wouldhave had rexier fur (i think i just made up a word:D lol)

Lionheads with lop ears would be really cute:inlove:

that has happened to me too,
i have a dwarf rex doe and dwarf rex buck and when i bred them i foundout one of them had a lop somewhere in there background, i had bred hima few times before it showed up, and only effected 2 of them out of alitter of 7. they were the cutest little things i stil have one of thelops but i sold the other a few days ago. im going to have to start ablog

there is just so many, and alot of them are very shy.
i have a few beautiful lionheads that just went through the "ugly" stage lol.
they looked a bit rough while they were shedding there baby coats, esp the sable point:)
but there all beautiful now:D

explain the ugly stage. I am new tothis. My Lily is a lionhead and she had babies almost 8 weeksago. She no longer has long fluffy hair and her mane looksscraggly. She shed her hair just before she gavebirth and then of course she pulled tons of hair too. Do youthink she looks like this because of giving birth or is it just becauseshe was shedding her baby coat? Will her long hair growback? Or will she have short hair now?

what age is lily? mine were all done shedding there baby coats by 6 -8 months
some lionheads do loose there mane and dont get it back.

Lily is about 9 months old. She shedher coat back in September. She still has some of her maneshe just doesn't look the same.

Latest posts

Back