Baby with blue eyes...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnybunbunb

Reaction score
Ok, so when Kate came by I brought 6 babies for her to look at. One I did not know the color, still don't. She was looking and said "wow, blue eyes". I didn't noticed that. When I got her home sure enough blue eyes! So now I'm confused. Her mom does NOT carry dilute, I know this because her mom's first little was by a genetic lynx and ever baby till her little he has passed was dilute(opal and lynx). She had 25% chance getting the dilute gene from sure but I'm sure she didn't. Now on to the baby's father, his great great grandsire is blue. ONLY rabbit in his pedigree that is dilute. He has a VERY slim chance of carrying it and I am 100% sure he doesn't because he has also sired a litter with a opal and out of the huge little none was dilute. As for BEW I don't know, the mom's great grandsire carried BEW and half her mom's siblings showed it but neither her mom or the mom of the baby with blue eyes showed it.

It is geneticly possible to get blue eyes without either gene? Kate said it looked like a Blue Point Martin but I don't know. I have never had martins and it could also be some agouti form.

Can I get some help here? Haha.

P.S. I won't be able to reply after today(will be on compputer for another hour or so) but I can read. My PSP won't let me reply to anything on here.

Thanks all:biggrin2:

If the baby has blue/gray eyes, then both the parentsmay carry diluteor the baby is a genetic chin (cchd). I've seen the chin gene produce blue/gray or bright blue eyes in many colors including black.

A BEW sport is another possibility, especially since you know BEW is in the pedigree.

Pam

The mom is Sable Chinchilla as is the grandsire, one of her half siblings, and her aunt. LOL! I had been watching her eyes but they looked the same so I stopped. I thought she was a Sable Chinchilla(sire has Siamese Sable in pedigree) but I have never seen asolid one in person, only brokens. ALL I have ever produced was broken. She is pointed though with color and her body is creamy ticked. I have been from frosty to sable chinchilla to sable point and now I am about to give us especially with these blue eyes popping up!

Latest posts

Back