Baby Runt dying with diarrhoea

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njpal

Reaction score
Hi all.

Our baby bun is 5 weeks old now and he has severe diarrhoea. The colourof the poop is not even brown or black, it is sometimes creamy. I havebeen giving the other babies (5 others @ 5 weeks as well) a pin headamount of broccoli and they haven't had any probs.

Since his diarrhoea I have stopped giving him any greens. He hardlymoves. He just sits in one place. He is the runt and is much smallerthan the rest (1/2 the size). He doesn't eat anything and doesn'tdrink. He is always separate from the rest of the litter. I DON'T WANTHIM TO DIE.

WHAT SHALL I DO. WHAT SHALL I GIVE HIM?

is there anything I can do right now? i.e. give him something that might help?

Is this the same baby with the neckthing? Either way they need to be seen by a vet. Only a vet isqualified to diagnose them and treat them. Give the one with runnypoops some oats and timothy hay until he gets seen by the vet. AddPedialyte to his water so he doesn't dehdrate until the vet sees him..Dehydration in rabbits can turn fatal very quickly.

Tina

Have you tried getting some Nutri-Cal inhim...or Apple flavored Pedialyte? I hate to say it but, thisdoesn't sound good, at all. What are you feeding, pelletwise? Is it possible for you to force feed it pellet mush(mixed with water)? Are you near me in NJ where I can come& see him? Charlotte

Thank you for th replies

At the moment I have a big bowl of rabbit food in the hutch that hedoesn't go near to and so all the other babies finish it off. The foodis like different coloured flakes, is that the same thing as pellets?

The one that may have broke his back and this one are 2 different ones.

I'd honestly take both these poor rabbits to thevet, NOW. Multiple people have told you this, if you want what's bestfor your rabbits, take them immediatly. If they're not open, call theemergency hot line.....there's just some things that you have to do asa pet owner.:disgust:

Ellie

Thanx and yes as per advice as it is 12 am herein London I will have to take them to some emergency night vet. I amsorting this out.

WHY are you giving 5 week old babies broccoli? That's HORRID. No wonder the poor thing has diaherrea....

Peg

Milky white dihrea is a sign of muciodenteritis. That is very deadly and can kill the rabbit within hours. Itneeds to see a vet now.

After the vet visit see if you can get ahold of some dry tail, and giveit to it. Most pestores around here carry it. Though Im not sure aboutthe ones in the UK.

Back