Baby problems!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnylover78642

Reaction score
This morning I woke up and a baby was out of itscage!!! I put the baby back, and it looked unharmed. Then we wen'tshopping. Well, when we came back home I found 2 more babies out of thecage! We replaced them to where they should be and went looking for thepeanut. We could not find him! He was GONE! After looking for 10 min.we found him 1/2 way across the room. He was very weakbut tried to suckmy moms finger. He then passed away in her hand. I knew he was going todie but it is very sad. He is not suffering any longer though.We alsothink Bell might be the one causing babies coming out of the cage. Weare afraid that she is pushing them out or something. We decided if ithappens again we will have to assume it is Bell and remove the babies.Then we will need advice on force feeding from the mother. We alsothought that they may have fallen out of the nest box and went lookingfor their way back in. Then accidently fell through the bars of thecage.

How big is your nest box. Sometimes babies willcrawl out of one if they can. Youll just have to keep a close eye onthem, and keep putting them back. What I do with mine when I getescapees, is put the smaller end of the box up against one of the cagewalls. That way its harder for the babies to crawl out.

It is pretty small since it is really notsupposed to be a nest box. We have lined it with cardboard now and itseems to have helped. They are not coming out anymore. That is good.They all seem to be doing really good. We have lost the camera (thinkwe may have left it at the stables) but once we get it back we willtake more pictures and post them up here.

uh? I dont really understand?.. they got likeout of the cage and like half way across the room? why dont you like..block it off so they get limited access if they escape, or they are ina cage, then like, make it so theres no way of leaving?hehe. i dontreally understand that...

They are in a cage... They fell out of the cage!I lined it with cardboard and they seem to be doing a lot better. Theyhave not yet fallen out again.

Latest posts

Back