baby mini lop question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello. I just bought my very first bunny today. He/she is 10 days old. It is a mini lop but his ears are up. They are so tiny right now so is this normal at such an early age? Will they flop & what age if so? I will love my baby no matter what, it doesn't really matter to me what his ears do but I was just curious. Thank you! :)

If i am not mistaken 10 days is wwwwaaaayyyy to young to be taken away from mama bun? someone else that knows more about babies will come along and give you more info. I am pretty sure that when the rabbit gets older the ear will drop.

Yes, I have my bunny now. The pet store told me ten days & they'de be ready so maybe he/she is older & that was just the time that was left before they could be sold. I have no idea, i'm so new at this. Hmmm.....

I'm pretty sure looking at pictures online & such that it is not 10 days old I just misunderstood the pet store. And now thinking about it really makes more sense that it would be atleast 8 weeks because most animals have to be atleast that before leaving the mom. I will call tomorrow & find out how old it is.

Any advice is welcome on new bunny care. It is so hard to tell what is right because all websites are different. The petstore did tell me the basics but any suggestions are still welcome. Thank you.

I would defintely let us know the correct age when you find out, that would be great. Only because i dont know if the advice would be differnt of a younger bun that was weaned too early and one that was weaned properly. Welcome.

The only advice i have is to make sure you find a rabbit savy vet, that really does know about rabbits. If you have any specific questions that might help us narrow down what advice to give you. Cant wait to see pics

To answer your orignially question, yes, the earsshould flop over once he or she gets older.

Goodluck with your new bunny!

My holland lop bunnies ears just started 'flopping' over this week (they're close to 7 weeks old - some 'flop' sooner than others)

...and yes, 8 weeks is the mimimum age they should be before being seperated from mom.

p.s. Fran, love the PMS quote, lol.

anneq wrote:
My holland lop bunnies ears just started 'flopping' over this week (they're close to 7 weeks old - some 'flop' sooner than others)

...and yes, 8 weeks is the mimimum age they should be before being seperated from mom.

p.s. Fran, love the PMS quote, lol.

Thanks!!

Latest posts

Back