Baby is Limping

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Baby is using the litter box again! :colors:

:D

She likes the taste of her meds, which is good. She just doesn't like me putting the syringe in her mouth. Thank goodness it's just once a day!

:dancing:

Here we go again. Just noticed tonight Baby won't put weight on her front left paw again.

I still have Metacam left from last time. It was opened December 27th. Is it still good?

Oh no, poor Baby :(

I found this: "as an opened bottle (of Metcam) only has a shelf life of six months."

Extra nose rubs to the little one!!!

Prayers and good thoughs being sent!:pray:

~Jim

Thanks, Jim. I gave her a dose last night. She's still holding it up this morning.

I'm getting concerned. Did the vet miss something? What would cause recurring pain in the same paw?

Poor baby! I would think the Metacam would still be fine to use.

Does she have a second level she could have jumped down from and re-injured it? I would keep up with the Metacam for a day or so and see how shes doing.

Did you check her nails just in case? Lucy was limping a few weeks back and it turned out to be a broken/torn nail. I had to look twice before I saw it.

Any updates? How is Baby doing?

Thanks for asking. The Metacam seems to be helping a little, but she still won't put weight on the paw.

If she's not better tomorrow, we'll go back to the vet.

Baby has an appointment at 5:00 today with the exotics vet. Wish us luck!

She seemed to get a little better, but is worse again. I got a low-side litter pan and she still doesn't want to get in there. She's obviously in some pain, even though she's eating normally.

I'm sure thislittle trip won't be cheap, but I want my Baby girl to get better!

As always, Snuggy will be going along for moral support. I may even havethem trim her nailswhile we're there!Better them than me, right?:)

The vet thinks it may be a tumor and wants to do a biopsy. Her left elbow is twice the size of the right one. He'll have to amputate the leg if it is cancer.

Yesterday was a nightmare and I'm still waiting to wake up.

*hugs*

I am here if you need to talk at all.

Latest posts

Back