Baby is Limping

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snuggys Mom

Reaction score
Baby won't put any weight on her front left paw.

I noticed it a few days ago. I picked her up, checked it and didn't see anything. No nails missing, no cuts, swelling or redness, nothing. She didn't seem bothered when I moved it,so I don't know what to think.

She is eating like a piggy and playing normally. Could it be her shoulder?

I don't want a vet to charge me $150 and tell me it's a sprain.

I blocked off the upper level of the NIC condo so she won't jump around too much.

If she's not better in a couple of days, we'll see the vet.

Ohh no poor Baby!,i hope it's just a sprain

A few weeks ago Strawberry hurt her leg somehow,still not sure how,but she would not use her left leg,she would hold it up a bit,and like Baby,she wouldn't put any weight on it.

I took her to the vet after two days,because she was laying on her side all the time,but she was still eating and drinking fine,but i was getting worried that she fractured her leg or something,but the vet couldn't find nothing wrong with her thank goodness!

After a lot of resting, and about a week later she was finally able to walk on her sore leg again :)

I'm sure Baby will be alright,just keep a close eye on her,which i know you will,and just see how she goes

cheryl

Poor Baby.:( I hope she feels better soon. It sounds like it's not bad if she's letting you touch it, although I really don't know anything about this kind of stuff. I wonder if you should keep her in her cage for a few days to make her rest more?

I have limited her time out each day.She isn't jumping on the furniture, so she knows her limitations. I didn't give her any pain medicine because I didn't want her to "over do it".

I noticed a little improvement today. Now she'll put the paw down when she's sitting. She was holding it up at all times before. Hopefully that's a good sign.

Oh, poor Baby. Could it be bruised? Not long after we got Perry, he was limping. When we took him to the vet, he parted the hair on his shoulder and showed us a huge bruise. It was obviously sore to put weight on it, but after a day or two, he was fine.

Hope Baby heals quickly!

Jan

I came home yesterday to find Baby lying in a puddle of urine, so off to the vet we went. Snuggy came along for moral support.:hug1

The x-ray showed no broken bones, thank goodness. The source of the pain is in between the "elbow" and "wrist". Her shoulder is fine. She was obviously in a lot of pain, so the vet prescribed Metacam. She got a dose last night and already seems better.

Laura

I know, Jim. I was almost in tears.

My husband got there first and said he thought she might be dead when he first saw her. He reached in to touch her and she didn't move, which is not like her at all.

I know she will be fine. Her paw just hurt too much to get in the litter box, bless her heart.

There were no puddles this morning, so I know she's already better.

She's still eating and drinking normally. She's my little piggy! I love her so much.

Snuggys Mom wrote:
My husband got there first and said he thought she might be dead when he first saw her. He reached in to touch her and she didn't move, which is not like her at all.

When I found Mooshu she was sitting all hunched up in the corner and wouldn't move. I was afraid it was too late and the vet wasn't open. It was such a sick feeling.

Moosh had broken a couple of nails and hurt her back foot. She must have been in a lot of pain. She had almost stopped eating and drinking,and she wasn't using her litter pan. She lost a lot of weight and was almost dragging her back legs.
Within a couple of days she started to recover, but not before scaring the heck out of me.

Give Baby a big hug and a kiss on the nose from me!!

~Jim

Oh glad to hear Baby sounds like she is on the mend! Sure is giving us all a scare. Did the vet say it would just heal up on it's own? No idea what it was?

_________
Nadia

Thanks, everybody (and everybunny)!

September122006056.jpg

I'm feeling better. I was real scared last night, but Snuggy made me feel better. She stayed by me the whole time and kept kissing me. I love my big sister.

Love,

Baby

Oh no! That would have scared the @#$!out of me. I'm glad nothing is broken and she's starting to feel better. And how sweet of Snuggy to take care of Baby!

The vet thinks it's just a sprain. She showed me the x-ray. I never knew they had so many little bones in their forepaws! It was really interesting.

I don't know how she did it. She hasn't jumped on the furniture in a couple of weeks. She isn't real active, so I don't know how she could have hurt herself unless it was going up and down in the NIC condo.

Snuggys Mom wrote:
Ohh my,that must have been pretty frightning!

poor sweet precious Baby,i'm happy that she is feeling much better :kiss:

cheryl

Oh no, poor baby Baby! Sorry I missed this!

Pipp slid off my chair once, a distance she normally jumps with no problem, but she landed funny and didn't hop hardly at all for three days. (She's a bit of a wimp, folds at the slightest hint of pain).

As usual, it happened just when the vet closed on a holiday weekend,but by the time they opened, she was fine. They are prone to strains and sprains I guess.

GiveBaby a nose pat and a kiss for me!

sas :hug2:

Latest posts

Back