Baby Chickens.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wee Wabbits

Reaction score
Hey All,

I went to the auction today and I bought two female pullets (young female chickens). They are so cute. A Barred Rock and a Rhode Island Red. I've had chickens for years, went to college then got married and didn't have them during that time... So now I have two that I'm keeping in my rabbit barn for now. :)

i was wondering if you have any really good web sites that deal with Chickens, about them. We are thinking about gettin chickens, we would get some retired chickens that are heading for the dinner plate :shock: and a few egg layers but not a ton of them. But i dont know the first thing about them, the only things i know about chickens is how to bread and fry them and that is not the kind i am looking for, lol (that was not nice of me)

I would like something that shows me how to build a coop, to what they eat, how to take care of them everything,lol. thanks if you can help.

Most libraries have some really good books with tons of helpful information on the care of chickens. I would recommend starting there. I could give you a ton of ideas when it comes to making a coop. Many regular chicken houses are poorly designed in my opinion. PM me and I'll give you some more info.

oh, i miss my chickens sometimes!

i suggest getting cochins if you are just having some pet chickens. they lay medium size eggs, and are just adorable!

cochin_blue_f_200.gif

my mom call's them 'fluffy butts'

when i was 11 or 12, i wanted a goat. . . my dad told me nothing with hooves. . . so i settled on chickens. . . brought home 5 little baby chicks from a farmer. . . they were my babies, fallowed me around everywere. . . i would lay down outside, and they would come and laydown with me. . .

a few years later, we got another batch of chicks. . . my brother had 1 hen that acted just like a dog. . . she would fallow you around the yard, and whenever we had campfires, she would walk right up, jump in you lap and fall asleep. . . she would even fallow us down that road if we took a walk. . .

Back