Baby bunny turns out to be a boy maybe pregnancy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinibunny

Reaction score
I have two baby buns they are about 6 months old and got them from a breeder claiming they where both girls. I tried checking out myself but apparently I didn't do it right. They have been living with each other for 3 months and I thought my lionhead was just a hormonal girl until I picked him up and saw his private parts sadly they where covered in fur so I didn't see them before two pink balls. They are separated but just spent 5 hours together outside. I really think Oreo my female dutch bun could pregnant and it's freaking me out quite a bit. She has been laying on her side a lot and is skittish but when I felt her stomach it felt like a round bouncy ball could that be kits?

Sounds like you have a pregnant bunny I would be very surprised taking in their age and time they have spent together if she wasn't pregnant, figuring out how pregnant she is is more difficult but if you can feel a ball and she is lying on her side a lot I would say she would be getting toward the last bit of pregnancy, you mentioned you let them 'out' for about 5 hrs today, I would make sure you keep teh female contained for now as you really don't want her running off somewhere in the garden to make a nest and have her babies and you have no idea. I would be putting a nest box in for her now.

Latest posts

Back