baby bunny 911! i need help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmtangelkrystal

Reaction score
ok kane my baby bunny i've talked about he isn't moveing right or eating and his jaw is locked. i am trying to get help cus my parents say they won't wast money on a vet cus they are just rabbits and i think he needs er help he won't eat and his face is all wet and whats worse is my dad put him in the sun. please i have food and water in front of him and he is in the cool house i don't know what to do i am so scared i'm gunna lose my baby please answer asap!!!!:sigh::sad:

Those are symptoms of heat stress.. .

1) Get the rabbit to a cool area. Get a fan, and put it on him/her with a speed of medium or low.

2) Put a cold washcloth on the rabbit's ears. You could wrap ice cubes in a sturdy washcloth and apply to the inside and outside of the ears. The blood from the rest of the body will circulate into the rabbit's system once cooled. (Putting it in a cold bath or directly applying ice to it's ears is not recommended or good for the rabbit. That could lead into other problems of stress and shock to its system and you could lose the rabbit that way).

3) Put an old milk carton or soda bottle in the cage filled with cold water so that the rabbit can lean up against it.

4) You can dip your rabbit in a Lukewarm bath if it is almost lifeless. Dip up to the ears. Never immerse the rabbit completely in the water. You have to work on bringing its temperature down slowly.

5)Keep him/her hydrated, even if you have to put some Pedialyte (if you have any) or water in a syringe to give orally to keep the fluids in his system up. The rabbit may have to get an intravenous tube (a subq infusion).

5) Try to keep calm so that the rabbit doesn't get stressed.

kane is doing fine now although he had two seasure episodes so mom is letting me care for him inside... i spent all day with him after i posted i almost lost him.. he is eating choped celery and he got a bath yesterday to get the matts out of his hair where he potties.. thanks for the help guys it really really helped

Glad to hear hes doing ok!

Is he having runny/mushy poops? Be sure to keep him extra hydrated if he is. If hes not drinking a lot on his own try syringing him some water and/or pedialyte.

What is his diet like right now? Celery doesnt have a whole lot of nutritional value for bunnies..I would try something like romaine lettuce. Although if hes having runny poops you will probably want to stick to things high in fiber like his pellets and lots of timothy hay.

Keep us posted!

Latest posts

Back