Baby baby bunny need help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loverofallrabbits

Reaction score
I need some help it's almost one in the morningand none of the vets around me are open. My cat earlier tonight wentand caught him self a no more than a couple of days old baby bunny. Allit had was a few scrathes so i decided to try and nurse it back tohealth. But i have no idea what to feed this bunny. I have 3 otherbunnies.2 are newzeland albinos and the other onewe are not sure of but shes pure black. I really don't want to loosethis rabbit if maybe you guys could give mea few suggestionsto help me keep this baby alive til i can get him to the vet it wouldbe helpful.

Thanks

Welcome loveofallbunnies,

Don't know if you have any KMR (kitten milk replacer) or goat milk.given at room temperature with a syringe. If it's a couple of days old,2 ml. A week or two, 5 ml.

Does usually feed their kits early in the morning, so you won't have tofeed him/her right now. You might wait until dawn (5:00 a.m. or so).

If it's a wild rabbit, it has a better chance with a wildlife rehabberbecause chances are slim of them living in captivity if they're thatyoung. In the United States, it's illegal to keep wildlife.

Keep the little one warm and snug for the night until you can get it some help.

:)

-Carolyn

Thankyou.

No i don't have any KMR or goat milk i hope he is good to go untiltomorrow morining because it would be so sad to have him die. He isnice and snug though and i have been checking on him periodically.making sure. thanks for the help.

Then I'd use a touch of milk in the morning. Atleast it might tide the little one over until you're able to gethim/her to someone who can help. I'd call a wildlife rehabber and leavea message on their machine tonight so that they call you first thing inthe morning.

Best of luck.

-Carolyn

Back