Babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KittyKatMe

Reaction score
Oh no! Last month my bun girl Candy was exercising in the yard and my little bro was taking my boy Vegas out, and drpped him! Well, as it turns out, she is pregnant and will be kindling on Sat. I have had three litters before, but the last one was stillborn and the mommy Holly died! She was my favorite, my bff. I still get a lump in my throat when someone mentions her. Now she is in bunny heaven with her babies and I'm sure is happy, but I still miss her so much! RIP Holly!:innocent: Anyway, is there a wy to tell if she is healthy and everything is going ok? She is making a huge nest and is eating a lot, and she did this in her last litter that was six babies and all healthy with no problems. Is there more things I should check? I just want everything to go as smoothly as possible. BTW, this is my first post, and I am excited about this forum!

woahlookitsme, I know how to care for the babies. I just want to know how to tell if the mother is healthy before thay are born.

Other than making sure the mother is at a nice weight (not under or over), is eating and drinking normally, there's no way to tell for sure what will happen when she kindles.

Sorry about that KittyKatMe but pretty much what Wendy said. No real way to know what will happen you just have to make sure mom is okay. Since you have had litters before you know what to look for already such that she pulls fur, keeps nesting, and nurses them

Sorry about my rudeness woahlookitsme! I'm just under a lot of stress at the moment and she is pulling for thank goodness. Again, I'm so sorry!

How do I post Pictures? This is from my iPad. The funny thing is, I was planning to get her spayed today before she bacame pregnany...LOL!

Wups i meant pregnant

toj check if she is healthy

Does she eat a drink good

is her eyes bright nothing coming out no gook

look at her bum dos she have the runs is her pee pee clean no mess in either area

look at her ears are they clean no mites ( not that she would but this is checked to if she is well mites need meds and it could harm babies 6you can have her have babbies with mites but after take care of mites)

Look at her feet they nice no bumps lumps or sores

Pick her up feel her body do you feel her ribs?? hips? or does she feel odd?

look at her mouth and nose has nothing come out no mucus and she is not coughing or sneezing.

If there is nothing you say yes to she is fine.

but you should know all this already

I had a rex that everytime she had babies she had 8 to 10 each time and all lived.

Good luck

Rhayden

Latest posts

Back