babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzzylopgirl

Reaction score
hey we just bred my girl rabbit..........tell mwa some stuff i need to do to get her ready to kinddle

:)

AnnaS wrote:
she needs a litter box 2 days before she is due I think.

Right, but not the kind she uses for a bathroom. I think you're thinking nest box! ;)

And I would almost give it to her 5 days before, but others might saydifferently. My does had a nest box as part of their hutch, and onestarted building a week before. The other did nothing until shedelivered, when she made a nice nest.

Good luck, count 28 days from breeding!

Rose

I dont give unlimited food to pregnant does somesay they will gain too much weight and have trouble delivering.I onlyincrease their food slowly.bluebird

Hi Fuzzylopgirl,

Bumping up a post for you about Conception to Weaning.

Welcomeaboard.

-Carolyn

I have fuzzy lops too! Can you post some pictures?

If you search my name (bojay) on this board, you will see lots of postsfrom me about my first fuzzy lop litter and all the fantastic adviceI've been getting from these wonderful rabbit people.

Be prepared for "peanuts". Good luck!

Fuzzy lop kits are so funny looking, they're precious.

Contrary to what someone else suggested do notoverfeed her! You'll make her fat, and she'll have problems kindlingthe babies. Kepp her on her regular amount of food. Give her a nest boxa couple of days before she is due. Which will be between the 28th, and32nd day. The day before she has the babies cut her feed back in half.Do that for about 5-7 days. It wont hurt her or the babies. It willreduce her chances of getting masititus during her first week with thebabies. Then after that increase her to full feed. Make sure she getsplenty of grass or timothy hay at all times. Also after she kindles,youll want to check the nest box every day for dead kits.

hi! i dont have any pics:( but i will explain my rabbits what they look like.

ok my girl rabbit is fuzzy and black! and my guy fuzzy is white and orange! and the rest are mixed breeds! haha thanks.

Bek

Latest posts

Back