babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morgan

Reaction score
i have 2 rabbits, one is 2 and the other 5months, the younger the female. Would it be alright to breed them andalso one is a cross breed and onea miniature lop. They areboth beautiful though and i want to keep thebabies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My opinion is no ,cross breds are harder to findhomes for. they may or may not look like the parents.and you are takingsome risk in breeding them the doe may have complicationsleading to expensive vet care or even death.many first time does dontfeed the babies then you might have to try to hand feed which isdifficult.bluebird

Hello Morgan,

I am in agreement with Bluebird, as there are way too many unwantedcross-breed rabbits that cannot find homes already. I am against anyonebreeding rabbits simply because they think it will allow them to havetheir own cute baby bunnies born right there infront of their eyes.Oft-times you won't get to see the kindling take place and as stated:the first time Dam will due to youth and inexperience fumble the ball.It is quite unpleasant to find a batch of six to eight tiny bunniesdead on the wire or in the nestbox. I hesitate to be more graphic. ButI believe you get the picture. Anyone can take two Rabbits, A Doe and ABuck and produce baby rabbits. I suggest that you get both ofyour rabbits Spayed & Neutered and keep them as Pets. You willbe more happy with them. You just have to trust me on this one. JMPO.

Dennis,C.V.R.

Latest posts

Back