Babies spazzing?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelissaPenguin

Reaction score
I have a litter that is 6 days old, and they do something I'd never seen babies do before. If they are moved or anything they start jerking around. Is this caused by something? Are they sick? Will they grow out of it?

Kits that young rely mainly on their sense of smell, and when they are relocated from their nest or familiar evironment, they emmediately try to smell their way back to mom. They do this by jerking their heads about, trying to get the scent. This is just how theyphysically go about it due to their proporations.

I currently have 2 litters and they are doing the same, they all appear to be normal, just when one moves it seems like it startles the others, then they all need to find a comfortable position again.

CCWelch wrote:
I currently have 2 litters and they are doing the same, they all appear to be normal, just when one moves it seems like it startles the others, then they all need to find a comfortable position again.
Thank you guys. I was a little worried, to be honest. I've had babies before, but I guess I never realized them doing this. But what you described is exactly what happens. If any other them moves even a little, they all start moving around until they can get settled in again.

Back