babies out playing!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fribble2110

Reaction score
I went out to check on mama and the babies today and freshen up her home. When i was out there i sound the little ones out playing! I ran and grabbed my camera to snap a few pictures! Also when would be a good time to clean out there home and break down the nest. I was thinking of just replacing the hay and keeping the furr.. suggestions?

017-3.jpg

014-3.jpg

013-2.jpg

mama bear :)
012-2.jpg

This little guy kept running away as i was trying to take photos of him!!
011-2.jpg

007-4.jpg

WELL The one that looks like mama has a new name!!! Jumping bean aka bean!! I went to go pet him today and i dont think he quite understands how to control a binkie.. before i new it!!! HE JUMPED RIGHT OUT OF THIS HUTCH!!! now the hutch backs up to some woods.. I paniced!! I put trudy out so he could see her and when he was close enough i grabbed him... He was screaming so bad i felt awful! :( I brought him over to trudy and she calmed him down! Omg i was in tears! :(

fribble2110 wrote:
WELL The one that looks like mama has a new name!!! Jumping bean aka bean!! I went to go pet him today and i dont think he quite understands how to control a binkie.. before i new it!!! HE JUMPED RIGHT OUT OF THIS HUTCH!!! now the hutch backs up to some woods.. I paniced!! I put trudy out so he could see her and when he was close enough i grabbed him... He was screaming so bad i felt awful! :( I brought him over to trudy and she calmed him down! Omg i was in tears! :(
That's why others call them POPPLES. They are just too jumpy. So glad to hear you got the little one back in the hutch. I'd be in tears myself if that happened here.

I did a little research and it looks like about 3 weeks it's time to remove the nest box for good. Just put extra hay for them to snuggle in.

Here's something that I thought was interesting and could help.

Thanks so much for sharing the baby pics. Baby bunnies are just so precious.

http://www.thenaturetrail.com/rabbit-breeding/baby-kits-leave-nestbox/

K:)

Eeeee they are so cute. I'm glad Bean is ok. I haven't heard a rabbit scream in person and I'd rather not. I'd be in tears too. Haha Harvey glared at me and I felt aweful.

Taking the nestbox out at about 2 1/2-3 weeks is what we do, unless the kits are still spending more time in it than out of it. Then I might wait a few days and then take it out. It sort of depends on how active the kits are. I have a big tile or foot pad in the cage for them to get on until they're used to the wire. I tried turning the nestbox on its side instead of taking it out and probably won't do it again because they just start using it as a litter box. I also make sure they have some hay in the cage while they're being weaned.

Oh i felt awful! :( I went out again maybe an hr after the fact to check on him and he screamed at me again. I held him for a good 15 mintues trying to show him im not a bad guy.. I even was petting mama hoping that would help :(
I would love to keep one! I feel like if i do, im going to keep bean. He has put me through so much worry! Silly bunny!
Ok awesome! I went out and purchased a new little cat bed for them (that is machine washable :p) a large low sided tuberware bowl for some litter and an extra blanket for them. I think maybe Wed i will clean out the nest and the little house and make it super cozy for them!
Im also going to go out and purchase some baby friendly toys :p If anyone has any ideas on some baby friendly toys i will love the advice! I feel so overwhelmed with this! I have one foster bun im trying to get used to people, fribble who is just a stubborn little boy, and trudy who already trusts me but i want more of an attachment to her.. which is hard because every time i try and hold her she goes running for the little ones... then i have the three babies! Ughhh im a busy busy bee!!

fribble2110 wrote:
Oh i felt awful! :( I went out again maybe an hr after the fact to check on him and he screamed at me again. I held him for a good 15 mintues trying to show him im not a bad guy.. I even was petting mama hoping that would help :(
I would love to keep one! I feel like if i do, im going to keep bean. He has put me through so much worry! Silly bunny!
Ok awesome! I went out and purchased a new little cat bed for them (that is machine washable :p) a large low sided tuberware bowl for some litter and an extra blanket for them. I think maybe Wed i will clean out the nest and the little house and make it super cozy for them!
Im also going to go out and purchase some baby friendly toys :p If anyone has any ideas on some baby friendly toys i will love the advice! I feel so overwhelmed with this! I have one foster bun im trying to get used to people, fribble who is just a stubborn little boy, and trudy who already trusts me but i want more of an attachment to her.. which is hard because every time i try and hold her she goes running for the little ones... then i have the three babies! Ughhh im a busy busy bee!!
but its worth it :biggrin2:

aww they are so cute!!! Our babies just started coming out of the nesting box this week. They so fluffy and cuddly looking.

How many babies are there? They are so, so cute! The first one especially. Are they purebred Lionheads? When I saw the first one I thought Holland Lop!

Latest posts

Back