Babies...alomost 3 weeks old!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:shock: $160 for a neuter?? I know that spayingcan be anywhere from $160 and up, in a lot of cases being closer to$200 when all is said and done, but that's very high for a neuteringcharge. You might wish to shop around a bit, just make sure, of courseand I know you would, that you're getting a rabbit saavy doctor.

Today, my vet charges $64 for neutering a rabbit -- that includes anovernight visit, the operation, meds, and anything else he needs. Theyinsist on the rabbit staying overnight so that in case there'sproblems, they'll address it right there. They're a bit overprotective,which works wonderfully for me, and they aren't out to break the bankas you can see.

Keep us posted on how you proceed.

-Carolyn

No. Depends upon the vet and where you live...and whattraffic will bear, in my opinion. The prices youquote are in line with costs here in metropolitan NJ, but I've seenquotes as low as $40.00-$80.00 for the same procedures in other placesin other states.

We get neuterings done through the auspices of a local organizationcalled Animal Birth Control, Inc. It "brokers" reasonablycosting procedures with local vets for pet owners, but one must use thevet it contracts. As its contracted veterinary office is ourveterinary office of choice, it is a win/win situation forus. Perhaps, you may have a chapter of ABC in your locale.

On occasion, local SPCA's offer free neuterings, or nominally costingones, anyway. Your local animal control department may alsoprovide such a service, or can provide information pointing you inright direction. I would check local resourcesbefore spending that kind of money you quoted , unless the expense isnot a problem for you.

Animal Birth Control, Inc., P.O. Box 353, Pine Beach, NJ 08741, (732)269-8793 probably could tell you if a chapter was located nearby yourlocation.Our local newspaper alsosuggested another national organization, SPAY/USA at (800)-SPAY, forinformation leading to affordableservices.

Buck

WOW!! I cant believe that!! I took him toNorthview Animal Clinic in Northridgeville, Ohio. It is about a 45 min.drive from here. I guess i am going to have to shop around next time!!

Latest posts

Back