Babies...alomost 3 weeks old!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darlenenicole

Reaction score
Does anybody know anything about weening babyrabbits and when are they weened? Also, when should i separate thebabies...meaning..when do they become sexually mature..

I noticed some of them are munching on some hay here andthere..are they just experimenting or are they going to be weened soon?

I'm not a professional with breeding rabbits buti have before and i have read on this site and i think that the bunniescan be weaned around 6 - 8 weeks and i know that ihave read that they willl become sexually mature and cn mate when just3 months old. Hope this helps

Robert

Hi Darlenenicole,

When the kits reach the age of 5 to 8 weeks, they're ready to beweaned. By 8 weeks, they're used to pellets, hayand drinkingwater and after that point and can be placed away from their mom. Thedoe could use the break because it's work on the body to producemilk. It's not a bad idea to take outthe boys atone point and then the girls because it gives the mother's milk achance to slowdown. Between 11-14 days,they'll start nibbling on pellets. At 12 weeks old, theyshould be separated because of reaching their sexualmaturity. You may keep the rabbits you've weanedtogether, separated by sex, until about 4 months, at which time theyneed to be totally separated - one rabbit per cage.

-Carolyn

what kind of babies? when can we all see pics???

:p

baby bunnies are the best!!! I've been out with Bubby a couple times today, just can't stay away!

Rose

Rabbitgirl..i dont have any pics yet but i will have my boyfriend take some and post them..i have no idea how to do it!!!

Thanks Carolyn for the info.Do you know about when to tell ifthey are male or female. I know what to look for i just dont know when!!

TootsieRoll wrote:
Hello,miss DarlenNicole.You better watch what u say on my topics

What's that all about, "Miss TootsieRoll"??

Darlenenicole has never been rude and shecertainlyDoes Not have to watch what she says.

You couldcheck yourself though!:X

-Carolyn

P.S. Darlenenicole, I think it's 3 weeks before you cantell. Not quite sure. Check out:Determining the Gender of your rabbit:http://www.debmark.com/rabbits/sexing.htm

Wow! Thanks Carolyn for the info, i will checkthat out!!I didnt mean to make anybody upset,I was justbasicly repeating what everyone else said, just in one sentence.Ohwell.. there is always someone trying to start something.

Thanks again Carolyn

Hi Darlenenicole,

I hope the site is able to help you out.? Sexing the little ones isn'teasy.? You must know about the saying: If it's taco-shaped, it's agirl; if it's donut-shaped, it's a boy.? Pamnock has her son help herwith it because his eyes are so sharp.? :)

I don't even understand where the heck her statement comes from, but if anyone has issues, this is not the place to dump them.?

You've always been very kind and helpful on this board.? You havenothing to worry about and certainly never have to 'watch what yousay'.??I checked her other post.

I won't tolerate bullies here, and certainly threats?will get someone no where in this forum.?

-Carolyn

I did check out that website, and it was veryhelpful. I soon as saw the pictures and went in the other room andchecked the babies. THey are just four days shy of three weeks. somaybe i will have to wait until next week to check them.BUt i think 3males and one female, but i am not sure. I am just curious to see whatthey are, so i can start planning there separation andcages.:DLots of work to do!! but i am enjoying every minuteof it!!

P.s I dont think i took that as a threat just as childish. I dont thinki said anything wrong. If you read his first post "I want abunny"......that is what he was talking about. THanks again Carolyn:)

Darlenenicole,

I know that was the thread she was talking about. I referred to it as athreat because it came with an 'or else...' type of tone.Perhaps threat was the wrong word for me to use. Seems likeMiss TootsieRoll just got up on the wrong side of the bed.

-Carolyn

YOu are right about that..there is no reason tosay something like that. There is no reason to talk like that to anyoneon this formum.WE are just all here to offer suggestions and to behelpful .not to start something.

Darlene

*giggles* formum....sorry, i just like typos ;)im gonna make formum a word and use it all the time...whats it mean?uhh...i dunno...(im not makin fun of you, i just like the way it sounds)

darlenenicole wrote:
YOu are right about that..there is no reason to saysomething like that. There is no reason to talk like that to anyone onthis formum.WE are just all here to offer suggestions and to be helpful.not to start something.

Darlene

Couldn't agree more, darlenenicole.

:)

-Carolyn

darlenenicole wrote:
I did check out that website, and it was very helpful. Isoon as saw the pictures and went in the other room and checked thebabies. THey are just four days shy of three weeks. so maybe i willhave to wait until next week to check them.BUt i think 3 males and onefemale, but i am not sure. I am just curious to see what they are, so ican start planning there separation and cages.:DLots of workto do!! but i am enjoying every minute of it!!
Arrrrgggh! Do you mean you're keeping ALL OF THEM???? :X;)

I am sooooo jealous! I had to choose just ONE. And I ask you, how isthat possible? (Not that Bub isn't perfectly and totally adorable) ;):p

The breeder who sexed mine said the difference between male and femalewas "inny" or "outie". lolol Another interesting way to put it. He'ssexed hundreds of babies over the past who knows how many years, andsaid it's still tricky.

Do they look like the bun in your avatar? Whatbreed is that one anyway?

Rose

I am not really sure what the breed is....I wishi knew or could find out. Yes i think i want to keep all of them. Idont want to give them away. I just dont think i trust anybody.My bosswants one but in about two months she is going to have a babyand i dont think she will have to take care of the little one. I amreally worried about that!

I look everyday to see if i can notice anythingdown there...but i look at the pic on the website and it looksdifferent.I dont know what to do!!!:D

I know it is going to be a lot of work but i amdefiantly going to!! I think i am going to have to have a bunny benefitjust to get money to get them all nuetered and spayed!!!! My vetcharges $200 for females and my male was $160!!!I couldnt believe itwhen i got the bill!

Is that how it is everywhere?:?

Latest posts

Back