Aww, my rabbits are worried about me...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zombiesue

Reaction score
Last night I was throwing up a lot, water, everything. I'm feeling better today (I have a sinus/ear infection and the drainage is making me nauseous.. but I got some antibiotics yay!)

Anyway, every time I'd have to run to the bathroom, Mulder and Scully would thump like crazy. Probably annoyed that I was so noisily ill but I'm going to believe that they are actually worried about me and sounding the alarm, lol.

Thanks rabbits ;;;

Eww, that's one of the worst kinds of being sick! I hate when post-nasal drip makes me nauseous as hell and/or triggers my gag reflex, it's absolutely awful :(. I'm SO glad you've gotten a diagnosis and some medication - hopefully you'll be feeling much better in the next 2-3 days!

By the way, if it's sinus issues, you might try a saline rinse - this is the one I've always used; it's very helpful, especially if there's serious congestion to dislodge/remove. Using it a couple times a day definitely makes a difference in how much crap drips down the back of your throat. When my sinuses are being jerks, I use it when I wake up (since congestion's always particularly bad then) and again in the evening; sometimes more than that if it's really bad.

Another good trick is to get a big mixing bowl and coat the bottom with a thin layer of Vicks. Either boil some water or heat it in the microwave until it's nice and steamy and then pour it into the bowl that has the Vicks in it. Lean over the bowl, getting as close to it as you comfortably can, and breathe in the steam/menthol vapors through your nose. Sometimes it helps to put a big towel over your head so that it drapes down around the bowl and traps the steam.

Stuff like saline rinses just scare me! But I like the Vicks idea. It helps me a lot to breathe the steam in baths so that sounds really good... thanks for the idea

The saline rinse thing sounded *really* scary to me too (I've had godawful experiences with stuff going up my nose, in particular, swimming pool water), but my doctor convinced me to try it and I'm SO glad I did. It's actually very soothing. It's important to use distilled or filtered water and to warm it up first - that ensures that it won't burn, sting or otherwise cause discomfort. My initial reaction to the saline rinse was "You want me to do WHAT??"... and yet here I am recommending it!

Latest posts

Back