Aww, Heath Ledger Died :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipp

Reaction score
Very sad... :(

Variety and CNN reporting that actor Heath Ledger was found dead Tuesday at a downtown Manhattan residence in what authorities say is a possible drug-related death, the NYPD said. He was 28.

I just heard on the news that Heath Ledger was found dead in an apartment in NYC, drug overdose the suspected cause.

Wow...what a shock...

:sad:

Here's a bit more info... Aussie news...

HEATH Ledger has died of an apparent drug overdose.

The 28-year-old Perth-born actor's body was found in his apartment in New York.

The New York Post said his apartment was strewn with pills, adding that it was unclear whether the death was intentional.

The celebrity website TMZ said Ledger was found dead in his bed in one of his residences in Soho by his housekeeper at 3.35pm New York time (7.35am AEDT).

According to the Associated Press, Ledger's body was discovered by his housekeeper who came to tell him his masseuse had arrived for an appointment.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ they believe it was not a crime.

Ledgerhas a two year old daughter with former fiancee Michelle Williams. He was set to play the Joker in the upcoming Batman film The Dark Knight.

At the moment it's all i'm hearing about on the radio here....it's only 9:12am here and the news only hit here sometime.. not long agothis morning

Yeah, this is one of those 'omigosh, it can't be true' news items. My gosh, he was just so young; only three years older than my son. I was just getting home from work...was at my front door taking the mail out of the mailbox...when I heard it on the radio. And I literally stopped in shock and stood there, saying, "Heath Ledger??? They can't be right."

I feel terribly for his family...

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
Cheryl, you're lucky its morning! Lol. By the way, I noticed you lived in Adelaide, just had to add that is my cousin's name, Adelaide. Love the name but not for a person..IMO

Adelaide is one of the most prettiest states in Australia...so i can understand why someone would call their daughter that name ;)

You know i feel for Heath Ledger's little girl Matildawho is only two years old :(

Cheryl

Art, who could not care less about actors - emailed me about this and said he was really bummed.

We loved Heath in "A Knight's Tale" ~ and we were looking forward to seeing him as the Joker....

So very sad here....even my customers on the phone have been commenting on it...

Peg

His poster from 'Knights Tale' of just him was the first poster I purchased for my dorm room in 2001 during my first year of college. I had it by my bed! LOL...

I loved his movies. He was very talented...and cute to boot. I feel so much for his daughter.:sosad

My bro called me and told me about it. I told him not to joke with me. But, he said it was true. So, to verify, I looked online...it's so sad. I actually started to cry when I heard. The world has lost a great actor and Matilda lost her daddy...

First Brad Renfro at age 25 last week...now Heath Ledger at age 28...:sad:

lalena2148 wrote:
His poster from 'Knights Tale' of just him was the first poster I purchased for my dorm room in 2001 during my first year of college. I had it by my bed! LOL...

I loved his movies. He was very talented...and cute to boot. I feel so much for his daughter.:sosad

My bro called me and told me about it. I told him not to joke with me. But, he said it was true. So, to verify, I looked online...it's so sad. I actually started to cry when I heard. The world has lost a great actor and Matilda lost her daddy...

I was thinking the same. God what a horrible loss this is.

I was pretty shocked too. He's only one year older than me! He was what I called an uber hottie, I still remember the first time I saw him in the TV show Roar. Still my favorite work of his, and besides he didn't wear much! LOL

BTW, The Dark Knight is listed as being in post production, and I know I saw a preview for it when I went to see I Am Legend. So all the filming should be done. I didn't realize he was the Joker though, he looked really different.

Heath Ledger's filmography:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005132/

:tears2:

naturestee wrote:
BTW, The Dark Knight is listed as being in post production, and I know I saw a preview for it when I went to see I Am Legend. So all the filming should be done. I didn't realize he was the Joker though, he looked really different.

Heath Ledger's filmography:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005132/

:tears2:

Yep,i heardthey had finished filming the movie,and it should be out sometime this year,there are already previews out....and then on the radio they said 'and then something like this goes and happens'

Cheryl

lalena2148 wrote:

I had that same poster as my first college dorm room poster in 2001 too. Only I had it across from my bed so I could look at it before going to bed. I feel like crying. I had to find out about his death from my brother's away message cause he was irritated his friend told him about it. There goes my favorite eye candy.

I heard about this on another forum I am on sometimes (not bunny related)

It's really sad. He has a little girl 2 years old :(

Back