AW man, I spilled lemon and honey tea on the carpet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirbyultra

Reaction score
My buns have been curiously nibbling on my carpet for a while... Mostly just tugging, not ingesting. I've gone and spilled lemon and honey tea on the edge of my carpet... I am trying to clean it with water and an absorbent cloth but.... is this going to make my buns loooove the carpet and munch on it? :(

I'm not sure if the bunnies will be more interested in that area of carpet, but you can try spraying a fine mist of water and vinegar over it to try to mask the sweet smell, if there is any.

I spilt a whole stack of bunbun food on the ground.. and swore alot but then I remembered the bunnies. BF was wondering why there was a big pile of grass and pellets on the floor and then i explained it would clean itself... sure enough my two little buns cleaned up really well for me :) If only they would clean the rest of the house!! lol

kirbyultra wrote:
My buns have been curiously nibbling on my carpet for a while... Mostly just tugging, not ingesting. I've gone and spilled lemon and honey tea on the edge of my carpet... I am trying to clean it with water and an absorbent cloth but.... is this going to make my buns loooove the carpet and munch on it? :(
howdy..helen,,honey is on the no-no-list,,,i know it was a tea,,but i just thought i would mention--no danger for kirby and toby...sincerely james waller:wave::rose::biggrin2::bunnydance:

Thanks for the replies.

I ended up washing (more like dabbing and sponging up furiously) the spot with a mild detergent and lots of water. The spot feels a little strange but not sticky.Doesn't smell like anything...

James - thanks as always for looking out for Kirby and Toby :hug::rainbow:

So far, neither bun has reacted positively towards the site of the spill. They scoped it out but did not bother to hang out. Maybe the detergent smell is bothering them more than the tea being there :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back