Available Brands of Wood Pellets and/or Crumble Products

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We can add Southern States Premium PelletBedding to the list. Our local feed store carries it. I'm pretty suremost Agway dealers carry it. I paid $4.95 for a 30# bag.

southern_states.jpg

My TSC quit carrying Woody Pet. :(

They only have Equine Pine now. It's $5 for 40 pounds andlooks exactly like Woody Pet, but it doesn't say how it's processed.

Snuggys Mom wrote:
My TSC quit carrying Woody Pet. :(

They only have Equine Pine now. It's $5 for 40 pounds andlooks exactly like Woody Pet, but it doesn't say how it's processed.
They must be doing it nationwide because they quit carrying it at ourTSC, too. I thought about buying some of the Equine Pine but it smelledso strongly of pine that just standing next to it was starting to giveme a headache. That's when I went to the feed store to see what theycarried. They carry Woody Pet, as well as the Southern States, but Iwas told that the price for the Woody Pet was going to go up (it'scurrently $6.90 a bag) due to the cost of having it shipped in fromCanada. I'm guessing that's probably why TSC isn't carrying it anymore.

Heather

I'm using the Equine Pine and haven't noticedany strong odor in my bag. The rabbits haven't beenaffected. Believe me, if it bothered Snuggy, she would let meknow. I'd be cleaning up pee everywhere.

Pine is okay if it's kiln dried. Thatmeans it's heated so that the dangerous aromatic oils are drivenoff. I believe Feline Pine is kiln dried, although it's muchmore expensive than pellet litter bought at farm and feed stores.

Laura, if you scroll down this Q&A page for Equine Pine, it talks about how it's kiln dried. So it's safe.
http://www.equinepine.com/qa.html

nuttinbutrouble wrote:
We can add Southern States Premium Pellet Bedding to thelist. Our local feed store carries it. I'm pretty sure most Agwaydealers carry it. I paid $4.95 for a 30# bag.

According to the store locator, the Agway where I buy Woody Pet alsocarries SS pellets. I'm just about due to pick up a load so maybe I'llcheck them out. Always good to have backup, eh!?

`jim

JimD wrote:
nuttinbutrouble wrote:
Wecan add Southern States Premium Pellet Bedding to the list. Our localfeed store carries it. I'm pretty sure most Agway dealers carry it. Ipaid $4.95 for a 30# bag.

According to the store locator, the Agway where I buy Woody Pet alsocarries SS pellets. I'm just about due to pick up a load so maybe I'llcheck them out. Always good to have backup, eh!?

`jim
These days it seems pretty good to have a backup plan, especially withTSC no longer carrying Woody Pet and the price going up at otherdealers.

Heather

nuttinbutrouble wrote:
These days it seems pretty good to have a backup plan,especially with TSC no longer carrying Woody Pet and the price going upat other dealers.

Heather

I agree. I remember when I had trouble getting Woody Pet by me. I endedup loading up my car when I went to the Boathouse Party. There was aTSC in Amenia, NY that was on my way home from CT.

JimD wrote:
Iended up loading up my car when I went to the Boathouse Party. Therewas a TSC in Amenia, NY that was on my way home from CT.
Jim D, Ally and I went to Amenia the last night we werethere! We just wanted to say we'd been to New York!Hee hee.

We ate at an incredible Italian restaurant there.

Snuggys Mom wrote:
JimD wrote:
I ended uploading up my car when I went to the Boathouse Party. There was a TSCin Amenia, NY that was on my way home from CT.
Jim D, Ally and I went to Amenia the last night we werethere! We just wanted to say we'd been to New York!Hee hee.

We ate at an incredible Italian restaurant there.
Remember the Suites at Sharon ? :D

Wasn't there a continental breakfast served poolside? :expressionless

`jim

Snuggys Mom wrote:
JimD wrote:
Remember theSuites at Sharon ? :D

Wasn't there a continental breakfast served poolside? :expressionless
Heh - if you're referring to the vending machine next to the cess pool, then yes.
I must have missed the vending machines....darn. I'll have to check them out during my next stay.

JimD wrote:
nuttinbutrouble wrote:
Wecan add Southern States Premium Pellet Bedding to the list. Our localfeed store carries it. I'm pretty sure most Agway dealers carry it. Ipaid $4.95 for a 30# bag.

`jim

I drove out to the Agway yesterday. The manager advised me that theystock some of the Southern State products, but he wasn't aware thatthey made the pellet bedding, too. He gets stove pellets made by them,but he's limited to how much he can get and then it's mostly spokenfor. He said that he'll talk to the SS rep this week and inquire aboutthe pellet bedding for me.
In the meantime I picked up 12 bags of Woody Pet.

Bio-catolet seems like CareFresh.

If you can getWoodyPet that would begreat! Stock up likeJimD, you can't gowrong. Wonder howmuch they will be chargingfor a bag.

Rainbows! :)

Back