Australian Rabbit Stores??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poopandpee

Reaction score
Hi All,

Any fellow Australians here that can direct me to where they buy toys for their rabs?
I would like to get some toys to keep my baby entertained when she's in her room at night. I've watched alot of 101Rabbits on Youtube and would like to give her a willow ball/ring and those fruit flavoured Balsa blocks! I also think she would love the tunnel haven but it's sold out and expensive - my rab eats cardboard as if it's kale.

Binky Bunny doesn't seem to ship to Australia and I am not 100% sure if my bun would like these toys, if I was certain, I would do a bulk purchase at Binky to make the pricey shipping more worthwhile.
I can't seem to find anything similar in Australia, did a long search last night :(

I've given her untreated wood before, baby rings that you attach to fence but she didn't even touch it, the only thing so far I know she absolutely loves is cardboard, however I can't leave that with her all night, she will eat it all.

I cannot direct you to any stores because I do not live in Australia, but I can tell you that she is probably wanting to eat cardboard because it is full of cellulose. Rabbits normally get cellulose from hay, lettuce, and other leafy greens. What does her diet look like? It is fine for her to eat some cardboard if she is eating lots of hay, just don't let her eat a ton because it can cause digestive issues.

theres one particular piece of cardboard she absolutely LOVES, the others she nibbles on normal amount.
She has unlimited Oat Hay, (we don't have timothy hay here unfortunately), she is 3.3 pounds, seal lop.
I feed her about 1.5 cups of veggies a day split for breakfast and dinner
first 2 weeks - celery, kale, carrot tops, mint.
currently - endive, celery, kale, mint
I don't give her much kale, 1 leaf would be spread out to 2-3 days - it's her favourite so far.
and maybe about 1 tbs of pellets as treats the orphanage gave me, though I will stop once I finish the bag.

still working out what she likes to eat, I've tried sooo many veggies!
dill, parsley (curly and flat), coriander, basil, bokchoy, lettuce, fennel, broccoli stems, lavendar, dandelions, rosemary, rose petals..

She has a nice diet. Oat hay is fine for rabbits, but Timothy, Orchard, and Meadow are the best. I would not be worried about her chewing the cardboard if she is eating lost of hay. Is there something on that cardboard that makes her want it?

It's great you've been trying different greens. Bear in mind that if she rejects one, it doesn't necessarily follow that she doesn't like it. Sometimes it is just the unfamiliarity that makes them reject something. Offer it several times (over several days) or mixed with stuff you know she likes, before giving up on a particular green.

We don't have any of those other hays in Australia either it seems 😭
  • Grass - Northern............$21
  • Grass - Southern............$14
  • Lucerne (Premium)........$28
  • Clover (Pure Sub)..........$30
  • Clover/Rye......................$23
  • Oaten..............................$22
Nothing is on the cardboard, no dye, glue, she just loves it :s

It's great you've been trying different greens. Bear in mind that if she rejects one, it doesn't necessarily follow that she doesn't like it. Sometimes it is just the unfamiliarity that makes them reject something. Offer it several times (over several days) or mixed with stuff you know she likes, before giving up on a particular green.

Thanks I'll give something else a try once she finishes her endive, it was a HUGE bundle. Price of veggies have gone through the roof with the virus lockdown here.

Wow! didn't realise they were located in Reservoir! I am in Victoria too.
Do you usually feed Timothy hay to your rabbits or is it a treat? 😳 It's **** expensive in Aus lol
I did take a look yesterday, let me look again.
Thanks !

Wow! didn't realise they were located in Reservoir! I am in Victoria too.
Do you usually feed Timothy hay to your rabbits or is it a treat? 😳 It's **** expensive in Aus lol
I did take a look yesterday, let me look again.
Thanks !

Yeah, me too.My vet recommended that I have a look at their website and ofcourse to support a local business at this time. i know what you mean but its the only one they actually like to eat, we tried pretty much every hay that there was and finally we found it haha I usually be able to get it at my pet store but they been selling out of everything quick and i always seem to miss out 👎🏻

Latest posts

Back