Auntie To Be

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
My sister announced today to my parentsthather and her husbandare expecting. I've knownsince Tuesday but I decided my parents should know before everyoneelse, lol.

My dad's reaction was priceless, I wish I would have caught it oncamera. My sister wrapped up a picture frame with the words "To BeComing... August 2005" with a little rubber ducky and blue andpinkcolored safety pins around it just to give my parents thehint. It was really quite funny because my parents couldn't understandwhy she wanted them to open a present early and my mom leaned over tomy dad and said, "maybe she's pregnant." Of course, she was justjoking, but when my dad opened it, my mom burst out laughing and my dadstared at my mom, then my sister, and then asked if she was kidding.

This will be the first baby born of the next generation and I'm sure itwill be extremely celebrated. We're all hoping for a girl since myfamily has too many boys as is, lol.

P.S.- The test results on my sister either indicate that she's fartheralong then they think or there is more than one baby. :shock:

The picture frame reminds me of what I did oneChristmas when I found out I was expecting before the family knew. Itook a double frame and turned it into a marquis like you see at themovie theater. I drew a brick wall for the background and put lightsaround the places for the pictures. On the left side I put a photographof my son with the words "Now Playing". On the other side, the wordssaid "Coming Soon" and I put a drawing of the symbol for girl and boyinterlocked.
male_female_dancing_lg_clr.gif

It was adorable.

I hope the baby is happy and healthy, whether it's a boy or girl.

God Bless

Minda

Let the Good Times Roll! :dude: :dude:

Congratulations!

You'll be an excellent Auntie. :)

-Carolyn

My family seems to have twins every 2ndgeneration, and the last set of twins was the generation before me, sothis could very well be twins! My family is very happy and taking betson the babies birthday already.

Wow congratulations! Twins would be greatwouldn't they - Two little scamps running round after their Auntie!What a cute thing your sister did to let your Mum and Dad know. It'sfunny I can never keep my pregnancies from the family - they knowbefore I do. Mind you I am always so ill.

Good Luck to you and your family and let us know if there is the patter of 2 lots of tiny feet :D!

Vickie

My sister was sick, too, but I covered for her instead. She said she was catching the bad flu that was going around.

Most people knew what my sister was going to tell them before sheactually did, but my parents had just been joking and didn't reallythink it. My sister wasn't even going to tell her husband untilChristmas Day, but she couldn't wait and he figured it out himself whenshe asked him to change the kitty litter. And she couldn't wait to telleveryone elseat Christmas, lol.

Twins woould be good, if I liked kids. :pI'm more of ananimal person than a kid person. I offered to temporarily adopt her catand dog and care for them, lmao.

You silly girl! Youwill sooooo like this/these kids! It's different when you have themfrom the beginning and when they are your blood! You will be AuntLaura! How cool is this gonna be? I can't wait to start hearing thestories! Congratulations!

Raspberry

Awesome news!!! It's so cool being an Aunt, Ilove it. :D And August is a great month for a birthday. hehehhehe, yesI'm an August baby.

Keep us up to date, twins run in both my family and my husbands too.

My dad's birthday is August 26th, mybrother-in-laws birthday is August 20th (3 days after my sisters duedate), and there is a few more that I can't remember at the moment.

:D

I'm August 18, my oldest brother is August 13, my mother in law is the 16th, plus a few of my friends are in that month too.

I was thinking of the twin thing....I have twin brothers, my mom hadtwin aunts, Dave has twin brothers, his mother has twin brothers, plusevery single generation on his side has had twins. :shock:

Stephanie wrote:
:D

I'm August 18, my oldest brother is August 13, my mother in law is the 16th, plus a few of my friends are in that month too.

I was thinking of the twin thing....I have twin brothers, my mom hadtwin aunts, Dave has twin brothers, his mother has twin brothers, plusevery single generation on his side has had twins. :shock:

:) Yeah sounds like you are very luckily to have twins too, but look at it that way, 1 pregnancy-2 babies.

First off, congratulations!!!! Babies are so much fun (especially when they're not yours ;))

But...

MyBunnyBoys wrote:
but she couldn't wait and he figured it out himself when she asked him to change the kitty litter.

Just so you know, toxoplasmosis is only present for two weeks after acat has been outside and/or eaten a mouse or other rodent. Are yoursister's cats indoors only, without access to any prey? Then sheshouldn't have anything to worry about. Just so you know :p :D

Her doctor told her to stay away from cat litter altogether and her cat is only inside.

Yeah, rule of thumb is "better safe than sorry"(not like that's a bad thing...). But I know we've got pregnant ladieson the CatForum, and they do litter duty. Here's what the veterinarianin residence said:

First of all, you have probably already been exposed to Toxo andmay have antibodies against it. Your doctor can do a blood test todetermine that. If you already have antibodies, you are protected andyour risk is zero.

Your risk is also zero as long as hubby is on litterbox duty. Infectedcats only shed the organism for 2 weeks, and the organism does not evenbecome infective until it has been exposed to oxygen for 24-48 hours.Pooper-scooping once a day eliminates that risk.

You are at much higher risk of Toxo from gardening, handling raw meat,or eating rare meat than you are from the kitten! Good sanitarypractices are, of course, of utmost importance during pregnancy!

Cheers,
Dr. Jean
Of course, any excuse is a good one to avoid litterbox duties! :p

I hope your sister is able to relax and enjoy this time. When is the estimated due date?

August 17th.

She's being extra careful because she's only 6 weeks along. And mysisters a nurse, she's just doing as she was taught in school.

Latest posts

Back