Attaking Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RosieRoo Jones

Reaction score
Rosie is attacking me and I'm starting not tolike as much as I used to. She was always so sweet and kind to me.Lately, she has been attacking me and grunting at me. I can't even putmy fingers bettween the bars! And when I do get into her cage with allmy fingers, she goes into a lock-down mode!! I don't know what to do!Can someone please give me advice?! I'm thinking she doesn't rememberI'm her mommy...:bigtears:

attachment.php

This is Rosie, I didn't take this picture, i luv mah buns did.

First, she's adorable!

How old is she? Sounds to me like the teenage years are starting, whichmeans major hormones. If that's the case, it may be time to get herspayed.

If she's already spayed and she's only being aggressive towards youwhen you go into her cage, then she's letting you know to stay out ofher home. Is that the only time she's being aggressive??

Stephanie wrote:
If she's already spayed and she's only being aggressivetowards you when you go into her cage, then she's letting you know tostay out of her home. Is that the only time she's being aggressive??
My doe was aggressive about her cage before she was spayed.She's better now, but still does not like hands in her cage unless theyare giving her food.

If she's not spayed yet, talk to your dad about doing it.Also, try not to put your hands or fingers in her cage while she's init. Clean her cage while she's out playing. It'sher home, and she doesn't like having other people's hands in it.

Thank you, Rosie also says thank you. We are notsure how old she is, but we made an estimate, we do think is aroundthat age, and no we haven' had her spayed yet. She has beendoing this since she got a bigger cage.

RosieRoo Jones wrote:
Thank you, I will take that advice. I'll tell my dad thatit's time to get her spayed. Although Rosie might not like the idea ofit/ But it's our choice to get her spayed.
RRJ- just remember, we are getting them spayed in the order we got them. We have MooShu, Chippy, and Binkie beforeher!!

I LuV MaH BuNs wrote:
RosieRoo Jones wrote:
Thankyou, I will take that advice. I'll tell my dad that it's time to gether spayed. Although Rosie might not like the idea of it/ But it's ourchoice to get her spayed.
RRJ- just remember, we are getting them spayed in the order we got them. We have MooShu, Chippy, and Binkie beforeher!!

LOL ok ok all sibling and family squabbles are to be dealt with before arriving here LOL
( I just playing with you :p:p:p:p)

Maybe the biting is a hormanal thing as well as a "stay outta my house" thing.
Our Bindy will let us put our hands in through the hutch but if westart moving stuff, well she gets cranky and pushes your hand away andthen immediatley tries putting her things back where she had them.

It's as if she is saying, you are welcome to visit but you leave my things where they are thankyou very much :)

Latest posts

Back