Attack of the gender fairy...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dallasmyponi

Reaction score
Well, I thought Buttercup was a girl. The breeder I purchased her from thought she was a girl. I checked when she was about 8 weeks old and never bothered to check again. I was satisfied that she was a girl. I just figured she sprayed alot for a girl and was hormonal. Today I took her to get spayed. And found out that "she" is a "he". I have been dealing with ear mites as well with her and today they scraped out and cleaned her ears and gave her ivermectin. They sent me home with Revolution to give her as well. When they told me on the phone that Buttercup is a boy I burst out laughing! Yes, "his" name will stay Buttercup. How can I change it now? He is still a much loved member of our family. He is trying to recover from the anesthetic, still wobbly. They sent a plastic collar home with him to keep him from eating his stitches. Please send him positive thoughts and love for a quick recovery.
Susie and her boy "Buttercup"

I totally understand you not changing the name. My Chase is a girl, though a lot of people associate Chase with a boy. I wouldn't change her name. I hope he has a quick recovery.

That is funny. My mom has a cat and when it was a kitten she kept on saying that he is small for a boy, and she said this for months, so finally I looked and told her that it's because he is a girl. I do not even know how to tell bunnies apart. I would also keep the name.

Back