Ate Rice?! Should I be Worried?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnySilver

Bella - Owned by Silver
Reaction score
Today Silver's much beloved stuffed bunny girlfriend seemed to have gotten a small hole in the bottom and a bit of rice had come out. He loves his girlfriend very much and seems quite lonely without her. So I took the rice pushed it down and covered it back up with the fabric. Well, as I walked into my room I saw him flip her over, and eat a piece of rice out of her (sounds weird).

I'm really worried but he seems fine right now going about and being happy to eat his nightly veggies. I removed the stuffed bunny of course to make sure there is no further rice eating. Should I just keep an eye on his eating and pooping or should I be really worried? Please reply soon as I'm concerned. Thank you in advance.

Rice is not harmful to bunnies. It is unhealthy if eaten in substantial amounts of course, but a bit here and there won't impact gut function. My bunnies have been given a few grains as a treat before. :)

Oh thank goodness! Yes he only ate a piece or too and today he is eating lots of hay and pooping fine.

Back