ate a piece of towel

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnwk1

Reaction score
ok so i had a towel down on part of the floor just temporarily while chance is litter training because i've run out of shower curtains and blankets to lay down lol. anyway chance decided to shred and possibly eat a good chuck of the corner of the towel. now i know rabbits can eat wood unlike other animals it would hurt so is this too something that will just pass or do i need to be worried about internal impaction?

Push hay and fluids--add a little pineapple to his water and watch his potty habits to see if there is a change. We had a Doberman that ate the aluminum dryer vent, the hose ducting and knobs off a BBQ'er, towels, underwear, sox, shoes, bars of soap--name it, he ate it. He lived to almost 14 years, which is ancient for that breed.

In most cases, it'll pass through, especially if it was small pieces. As stated, push hay and fluids.

LOL at Nancy sounds like my dog. I was a frequent doggie poison control number caller. Surprisingly Mr. Clean Erasers are not toxic to dogs nor is steel wool. He also ate undies, socks a couch and gosh knows what else. Now i just :pray:and watch him when I know he's been bad.

Latest posts

Back