ASKING FOR HELP IN DOING A TRANSPORT!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brimmhere

Reaction score
we took in this gray doe flemish in hopes of saving her from being butchered. gypsy wants to take in this sweet little girl but we are asking for help in finding a transport !! we are located in illinois but i can meet someone in indiana if need be! we are trying to go from illinois to new hampshire with mouse! gypsy and i thought with the holidays approaching someone may be doing some traveling that could help out in getting mouse over there!

if anyone could help us out, please contact gypsy or I about it. any help at all would be extremely appreciated!!!

Aww! Gypsy, you're my hero! You, too, Brimhere for rescuing this girl.

Wish I could help. I'm a little too far south.

Wishing a safe journey for this sweet girl,

Laura

thank you soooo much!!! i am writing you down on the list of helpers!!!! we can definetly use ya!!

here is a list of states we need coverage for to help in doing this transport!!

indiana

ohio

pennsylvania

new york

I'm in PA, I could help along the way.Maybe Ann (SeniorCats) could help in ohio. I know she's offered to help before. My part of the trip would have to happen on a weekend though, but I could house her for a few days if necessary.

Jen

thank you jen sooomuch!!!!! definetly a weekend would be ok, if it needs to be over a couple day period then thats fine. not like we have to get it all done in one day. will definetly keep you posted on whats going on!!!! thanks again sooo much!!:bunnydance:

I cant express enough how gratefull I am toeveryone , I have an email into my vetwith a Picture that Kim sent so we can figure out what can be donefor her teeth , I am justwaiting an email back from him, omg I have flutterbys !!!!!!!!

Well, I guess if I can't take her - I'm glad Gypsy can. She'll have a good home.

I'm not in the path to help with transport, but am so glad to hear the bunny is getting a good new home. I love the name Mouse!

I may be able to help with part of the Ohio trip perhaps from the Cleveland area to the PA border or a little over the border. I would prefer doing the weekend too but don't mind an occassional day off from the office. Or I could drive to the Indiana border or Toledo area and back to the Cleveland area if someone could pick up in Cleveland. Mouse could always 'lodge' here for a week or so if needed in between transports.

If I could, I would go all the way to New Hampshire just to meet Gypsy.

My one problem would be massive snow - I hate it!

Ann

You all are wonderful bunny lovers! Wish I could have helped :)

seniorcats wrote:
I may be able to help with part of the Ohio trip perhaps from the Cleveland area to the PA border or a little over the border. I would prefer doing the weekend too but don't mind an occassional day off from the office. Or I could drive to the Indiana border or Toledo area and back to the Cleveland area if someone could pick up in Cleveland. Mouse could always 'lodge' here for a week or so if needed in between transports.

If I could, I would go all the way to New Hampshire just to meet Gypsy.

My one problem would be massive snow - I hate it!

Ann

Awwwww Anne thats so sweet, I would really Love to meet You also !!
Sorry Nicky we must have crossed Postedalso , I would Love to meet Youand Everyone on this board I havent hadthe pleasure to meet , This Board Is blessed tohave so many Loving and CaringPeople on it .

Even after all these years I STILL have issues with the snow, I hate it too lol . Being southern raised it was quite the shock moving up here tothe frozen ( well most of a year ) Northlol .

I just had this most wonderfull thought , With the Tank Train and Now the MouseTrain and possibly in the next 14 weeks of yet one more Palomino Train ,All Conductors and Trollycars should pick a Weekendand A Central to everyoneLocation andhave a Wonderfull Get together, Possibly a weekend inthe late Spring when Snow wont be a major factor !

From Kims Discription of Mouse , Everyone involved is going to have a very hard time lettinggo , From what Iunderstand only her smileis herbiggest down fall .

Hee, hee, I've always wanted a Flemish but my house is full up with cats and rabbits.

Wait! An idea. Gypsy, I'll send you my husband instead and I'll keep the Flemmie. What a bargain - he can cook and messes up the house on a regular basis.

I cross posted to another group of friends. One friend lives near Cortland, NY - the Ithaca/Syracuse area and would be willing to do part of the NY drive. This is someone I have known for 2 years and met in person at my house for a meet up so I can vouch for him and his bunny knowledge. He has a gorgeous rex of his own named Scone.

Mike needs to know tentative dates and what routes would be used through NY state. Any thoughts on that?

Well I would need to do my leg on a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. As I unfortunatly work weekends and it isdifficult to find coverage on weekend days during this time of the year, But hey, if we can get a sitter to hold onto Mouse in New York, I may be able to go pick up and then hit the run north ::smiles::

If I could go the whole way, I would too. I'd love to meet Gypsy.

I'm a distance from the Ohio border, but I could meet someone at Mercer or even Sharon PA if someone is going I-80 or in Cranberry on I-79 which comes in from Indianapolis. If it's planned right, I could even meet someone at the PA/WV border on I-79 and have a visit with my brother's family too.

Ummm...I know this would be last resort, but if things have to be pushed for a bit, I plan on going to the PA Convention in Lebanon PA in Feb. and I believe Sharon (Starlight Rabbitry) said she is going there as well. I could make space for her for some time, probably not for months and months, but from Christmas time to Feb. I could most likely do it.

Jen

cirrustwi wrote:
If I could go the whole way, I would too. I'd love to meet Gypsy.

I'm a distance from the Ohio border, but I could meet someone at Merceror even Sharon PA if someone is going I-80 or in Cranberry on I-79 which comes in from Indianapolis. If it's planned right, I could even meet someone at the PA/WV border on I-79 and have a visitwith my brother's family too.

Ummm...I know this would be last resort, but if things have to be pushed for a bit, I plan on going to the PA Convention in Lebanon PA in Feb. and I believe Sharon (Starlight Rabbitry) said she is going there as well. I could make space for her for some time, probably not for months and months, but from Christmas time to Feb. I could most likely do it.

Jen

If I end up driving part of the ohio route to PA, I could meet you off I-80 inMercer or Sharon. That's not too far over the border and I'm familiar with the route.

If we have no other Ohio drivers, I could make it a 2 day trip. My house in Medina County (south of Cleveland) to the Indiana/Ohio border or Toledo area then back to my house -stay home over night with Flemmie- the next day drive to PA

I'm not familiar w/ I-79 but could take a look at the distance and see which is shorter.

Come on folks - volunteer for an hour or 2!

seniorcats wrote:
Hee, hee, I've always wanted a Flemish but my house is full up with cats and rabbits.

Wait! An idea. Gypsy, I'll send you my husband instead and I'll keep the Flemmie. What a bargain- he can cook and messes up the house on a regular basis.

I cross posted to another group of friends. One friend lives near Cortland, NY - the Ithaca/Syracuse area and would be willing to do part of the NY drive. This is someone I have known for 2 years and met in person at my house for a meet up so I can vouch fo rhim and his bunny knowledge. He has a gorgeous rex of his own named Scone.

Mike needs to know tentative dates and what routes would be used through NY state. Any thoughts on that?
:no:I got one of them already lol, only thing is he dont cook (we dont let him , afraid of who it might be ) , hedont clean , but he is good for making messes , lmbo , But then againif you were to toss Miss Melody into the equation I may have no choice but to reconcider the proposal lol . :ponder:

I have to get with Kim tomorrow and see what we are talking for timelines and whichholiday so on and so forth . I did ask my sister about a road trip topick her up personally , but the Woman thought Ihad suddenly lost my mind ( little does she know that happened years ago lol ) .Unfortunately I cant drive that far , andshe is as bad as we areShe hates snow driving also .

I would love to get thetrain started as soon aseveryone can work out the whens, I am happy togo by what everyone schedual will be .

Melissa : does this mean you will becoming to my House !!!! oh that will be wonderfull , you get tosee all my babies and my big kids too! this is gettingmore exciting as we go along .

Back