Ash, smart and handsom!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatsMySimi

Reaction score
Well tonight at around 12am I was in my sisters room just chatting(we are night owls!) and as I was coming out (when you come out of her room you basicaly run into mine) I saw a beautiful fat lop eared Ash running down the hall... Now, I am in the middle of rearanging my room, so I now only have onerabbit in my room and thats Ash, Simi and Sisi are both sleeping in my sisters room.... Well, dont ask me how he got over the bed, garbage can, and book shelf, but he somehow did and got out...

Some of you may know, but some may not, but I have 2 great danes, who are usualy pretty good with smaller animals, but have been known to crack on every once in a while....

I ran over to Ash, picked him up, and he FREAKED OUT! I guess I just scared him.... Anyway, he is back in his cage now, ready for bed... or at least stalled from getting out again... Just thought it was weird how he got out so I had to tell ya'll... Oh and btw, his snap was undone like someone had forgotten to close it, but I KNOW I closed it....:?Weird eh?

Shay

Maybe he figured out how to open his cage!! Or it could have been the animal loving ghost...I have one of those in my house cage doors are open I know I closed that kind of thing....generally I think it is my kids...but they deny it!

Well, I dont have kids, and if there are ghosts in my house it'd be my nana and grampy, and I dont think they'd let him loose... I guess he just figured out how to open it, so I changed the snap.

Haha! I have an escape artist in the family to! Buddy always seems to get out of everything! He can jump REALLY high! My bed is probably about 3 feet and during the night once he jumped on it so many times and woke me up! I didn't want him to get in my room and hide so I put him back in his home outside where I knew he would be happy and comfortable!

Oh Ash, don't you know that you are only supposed to be out when Shay lets you out? You might scare her if she sees you running around! :nonono: ;)

You may have ghosts that open up your cages.. but I have rabbits who lock themselves in their cage!

I "HAD" a combination carbiner lock on the girls cage. I never bothered to use the combination.. why would I? I don't have anyone around who would mess with them.

I went in to feed them and went to remove the lock. It would not open! Somehow they got their noses out of the cage door and must have been chewing on the lock, and managed to change the combination!

I had 3 choices.. taking the whole cage apart (which meant taking 2 cages on top apart)... cutting the lock off... or trying to figure out what the combination was. I chose the latter.

Keep in mind that the rabbits are hungry and they think I have the food in my hands. It took me at least an hour to figure out the combination.. not an easy task considering there were two rabbits trying to ummm ermmm... HELP!

I finally got the lock off and threw it across the room and twist tied the door on while I ran to the store to get another lock. Needless to say by the time I got home both rabbits were out of their cage... stretched out on my bed! They had chewed the twist tie off the door!

Latest posts

Back