Arthritis

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

Howard cordingley

Reaction score
Took jasper for a normal dental and health checkup and vet says he’s got arthritis and suggested metacam which I give him already for his teeth discomfort too. Just wondered was there anything else I could buy him to help him.he is 11

Madelyn L.

Reaction score
If you’re giving him medicine that should help. Maybe give him some more pillows/blankets to lay on for comfort. Try to keep him a bit calmer and give him pets so maybe he won’t move around as much. Just some ideas. Hope it helps!😊

JBun

Jenny - Health & Wellness Mod
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If the metacam dose isn't very high, maybe your vet could up it a little. I know with my old rabbit, anything less than 0.4-0.5mg/kg twice a day wasn't as effective at helping her.

There are other products that could be helpful. I know of others using glucosamine, msm, and tumeric supplements, and they said it seemed to help their rabbits. A member on here started giving adequan injections and said he noticed an immediate difference with his old bun. I tried adequan but my rabbits condition suddenly deteriorated so the adequan didn't help. But I think if I had tried it much earlier at the start of her arthritis symptoms, that it actually might have helped. I think cartrophen is the UK equivalent of adequan.

Medirabbit (arthritis treatments for rabbits)

Howard cordingley

Reaction score
If the metacam dose isn't very high, maybe your vet could up it a little. I know with my old rabbit, anything less than 0.4-0.5mg/kg twice a day wasn't as effective at helping her.

There are other products that could be helpful. I know of others using glucosamine, msm, and tumeric supplements, and they said it seemed to help their rabbits. A member on here started giving adequan injections and said he noticed an immediate difference with his old bun. I tried adequan but my rabbits condition suddenly deteriorated so the adequan didn't help. But I think if I had tried it much earlier at the start of her arthritis symptoms, that it actually might have helped. I think cartrophen is the UK equivalent of adequan.

Medirabbit (arthritis treatments for rabbits)

Thank you to be fair he has no mobility problems it was very who suggested he was not eating his poo fully which could indicate arthritis. I give him 2 m of metacam once a day for his teeth problems when I sense they give him pain. He has regular dental treatment. Thanks for the tips

Latest posts