Arthritis

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howard cordingley

Reaction score
Took jasper for a normal dental and health checkup and vet says he’s got arthritis and suggested metacam which I give him already for his teeth discomfort too. Just wondered was there anything else I could buy him to help him.he is 11

If you’re giving him medicine that should help. Maybe give him some more pillows/blankets to lay on for comfort. Try to keep him a bit calmer and give him pets so maybe he won’t move around as much. Just some ideas. Hope it helps!😊

If the metacam dose isn't very high, maybe your vet could up it a little. I know with my old rabbit, anything less than 0.4-0.5mg/kg twice a day wasn't as effective at helping her.

There are other products that could be helpful. I know of others using glucosamine, msm, and tumeric supplements, and they said it seemed to help their rabbits. A member on here started giving adequan injections and said he noticed an immediate difference with his old bun. I tried adequan but my rabbits condition suddenly deteriorated so the adequan didn't help. But I think if I had tried it much earlier at the start of her arthritis symptoms, that it actually might have helped. I think cartrophen is the UK equivalent of adequan.

Medirabbit (arthritis treatments for rabbits)

http://www.disabledrabbits.com/arthritis.html

If the metacam dose isn't very high, maybe your vet could up it a little. I know with my old rabbit, anything less than 0.4-0.5mg/kg twice a day wasn't as effective at helping her.

There are other products that could be helpful. I know of others using glucosamine, msm, and tumeric supplements, and they said it seemed to help their rabbits. A member on here started giving adequan injections and said he noticed an immediate difference with his old bun. I tried adequan but my rabbits condition suddenly deteriorated so the adequan didn't help. But I think if I had tried it much earlier at the start of her arthritis symptoms, that it actually might have helped. I think cartrophen is the UK equivalent of adequan.

Medirabbit (arthritis treatments for rabbits)

http://www.disabledrabbits.com/arthritis.html
Thank you to be fair he has no mobility problems it was very who suggested he was not eating his poo fully which could indicate arthritis. I give him 2 m of metacam once a day for his teeth problems when I sense they give him pain. He has regular dental treatment. Thanks for the tips

Latest posts

Back