ARGH!!!! SO Frustrated!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBoyHarper

Reaction score
:angryrant<---- Me right now!

Harper has destroyed four, now going on FIVE, litter pans in less thana month. He chews them to pieces until there is nothing left. He isextremely destructful with them, and I am seriously as my wits end. Ihave used bitter apple, bitter lime, and now I am using somethingcalled better bitters by Canopy. He doesn't care! He licks it off andcontinues to chew. Can someone, anyone, PUHLEASE give me some advice toget him to stop being so destructful before I pull my hair out? Thesedarn things cost money!

BTW, he has plenty to chew on in his cage besides his litter box.Wicker balls, cardboard tubes, piles of toys, chew blocks, ect. I don'tknow what his malfunction is, but he is not on my #1 bunny list at themoment...

:rant

Try rubbing IVORY soap on them.Plz dont use anyother soap.My bunnies BUSTER and BUTTONS just wouldnt stop chewing nlicking the dry walls so someone suggested this.And trust me it worksgreat.
GOOD LUCK with ur bun :thumbup

yeah try the soap...our bunnies wouldnt stopchewing the walls, so we used the soap and now they dont chewthem:D...maybe you could also rub some vinegar on it...when peapoo waslittle, she used to eat the trim on our doors..i rubbed a littlevinegar mixed with water on them, and she hasnt tried chewing themsince:bunnydance:

I may try the vinegar and the soap method.

The litter boxes are the plastic ones. The Corner Hi-John pans thathave the two clips on them. I have to have the clips because Harpertakes his litter box and flings it around the cage if I don't secureit. Gosh, he's so bad lately! :X

Pebbles goes through stages where she chews her litter box.

However its just the cardboard box which I can replace so easily.

7205.jpg

Rainbows! :)

maybe he needs a bigger litterbox...peapoo usedto chew on her litterbox some..but i got her a bigger one and it helpeda little bit..now when she starts to chew (which shes pretty much grownout of) i just use vinegar;)

::Looks at the new litter box she bought yesterday::

::Whimpers:: It's destroyed...completely destroyed. ::Breathes deeply::

So far, nothing has worked... he licks off everything, that weirdo!

Also, his litterboxes I buy now are bigger. His older ones were smaller so I upgraded. *Sigh*

maybe you could try those hooded cat litterboxes.maybe a litterbox with atop likethatwill keep him from totally destroying it:dunno

Fred used to chew the walls, baseboards, and mycloset doors. The only thing that would stop him was vinegarand cayenne pepper. Just anothersuggestion:bunnydance:

MyBoyHarper wrote:
I may try that peapoo... I'm out of idea's, and I don't knowwhat his problem is lately. I need to find one made of indestructableplastic, Lol.
Why not just get a metal litter box? Iuse a metal baking pan as a litter box for inside the cage. Ihave a plastic one outside the cage but i never have any problems withmy bunnies chewing the plastic one.

ilovetegocalderon wrote:
Why not just get a metal litter box? I use a metalbaking pan as a litter box for inside the cage. I have aplastic one outside the cage but i never have any problems with mybunnies chewing the plastic one.

This is what I was going to suggest...maybe the metal pans will work better? I think I have seen them online....

Ok...I found a link to a metal pan with a wire mesh bottom. Check it out:

http://bunnyrabbit.com/price/odorcontrol.htm

Latest posts

Back