Are you planning on reading any good books this summer?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just started reading the new Dan Brown book "The Lost Symbol". What can I say about it so far other then its a Dan brown book and if you like his other stuff this is pretty much the same.

The next book i'm going to read is "The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution" by Richard Dawkins. I love Richard Dawkins' books(ei."the God delusion") and i've been waiting to read this one since I got it for Xmas. Or I've also been wanting to read "Only a Theory" by Kenneth R. Miller. Might be weird summer reading choices but I love learning about evolution and have become fascinated with the evolution vs god arguments. Creationists baffle me.

I also plan on reading some Seth Grahame-Smith books. I just heard about "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" which I'll probably read first or "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" which a few of my friends have read.

I also really want to read "Eating Animals" by Jonathan Safran Foer. I've seen a few interviews with him and have been wanting to read his book for a while now. I've read similar books(Omnivore's dilemma,In defense of food etc) and found them very interesting and informative.

So my summer reading is a little varied: zombies, vampires, evolution, god, and dietary impact :)

:) i enjoyed The Lost Symbol. havent read the Richard Dawkins yet - i enjoyed The God Delusion.

must say i havent heard of zombies meet jane austen - i like her novels too:D

im currently reading my way thru my 'to read' pile - the hercule poirot stories by agatha christie at the moment:)

I read the Lost Symbol. It was very typical Dan Brown, but I thought it was increasingly ho-hum even for him.

I just bought The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo -- I am looking forward to it. Heard it was great.

I may reread Watership Down for fun. It's my favorite book :)

I do like to read but for some reason can't seem to do it at home. I used to read every day to and from work during the commute. Now that I don't work... well, I have to make time :)

I've just started reading Lord of the Rings. I love the films so thought I had better try the books, liking the first one so far. :) I'll probably re-read the Harry Potter books at some point too, since I do that every summer. Perhaps I should look for something new though.

hartleybun wrote:
kirbyultra wrote:
I just bought The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo -- I am looking forward to it. Heard it was great.

:)
i keep seeing this one along with his other books. im adding it to the pile:biggrin:

I'm reading The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest right now. They're all really good! The first one takes a while to get into because it jumps around a lot at first before the characters become more connected to eachother.

Latest posts

Back