Are they bored?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunsterlove1969

Reaction score
:wave:Hi everyone, i'm new to this board, myname is Rachel and i have two little female lionhead bunnies - Pru& Saffron. They are 14 weeks old and are the most adorablelittle creatures ever!

I just wanted to ask you all your opinion of my bunniesbehaviour.......they are both getting quite hormonal now but are bookedin for their spays mid December so not too long to go now!
thumbsup.gif

When i get home from work i let them both into the front room wherethey just go and lay beind the chair which is in the corner of theroom. I bring all their toys in but they just dont seem interested atall in playing.

They come out occasionally just to see what i'm doing but apart fromthat they just veg behind the chair?
icon_confused.gif

Do you think they are bored? or unhappy? i understood that bunnies came'alive' at night but it seems to be the opposite with my two!

Thank you for reading this

I haven't had a lot of experience with rabbit who actually live in my house, but here's what I do know:

-My first rabbit, who got brought into the house often but livedoutside, mostly just sat/layed somewhere whenever he wasinside. He'd run around some, but most of the time he'd justsit.
-My current rabbit, a house rabbit, also spends a very large amount oftime just sitting. She'll also run around in spurts, explorenow and then, but usually...only sitting.

If you think about it, in the wild rabbit do spend most of their timesitting/laying. Some time eating. Some time runningaway from predators. Probably some time playing.But a lot of sitting.

Seems normal to me, but...I'm no expert.

Hi! I'm assuming you come home around 5-7pm.Winnie is a lazy bun at that time too. He usually doesn't "come alive"until 9-10pm. Bunnies generally like small, dark places to that'sprobably the reason for them going behind the chair. Winnie grabs anyopportunity he has to be "under" something, whether it's the table, achair, a blanket or his willow tube. I think as long as they are notrunning away from each other, they are fine.

And (in my experience, anyway) at other times,too - Nibbles gets very energetic and hyper from approximately1:00-4:00 a.m., wihout fail. you could set a watch by her! (I can'thave her in my bedroom at night, as she keeps me wide awake.)

Rabbits coming alive at night? Never heard ofthat! Wiley is sound asleep as soon as the sun goes down! Rabbits arenot nocturnal... remember they are "pray" animals, so when the lightgoes - so do one of there senses.

Wiley doesn't play with much toys. I cannot tell you how much $$$ Ispent on toys that go ignored. He does love his phone books andanything else that he rips up. I don't think they are bored, rabbitswho are bored become destructive with your with couch and so on.

They are probably just so relaxed with the wonderful home you are giving them!

I think the active time depends on the bunny,also on the human's schedule. I get up a good deal later than manypeople, and I think Nibbles has adjusted her schedule to mine. And shereally *does* become active around 1:00-1:30 a.m, without fail. Amthinking there were some night owls at the shelter where she livedbefore I got her! (A rabbit-only shelter.)

My boy Bandit is lazy too!! He has somany toys and so much room to play when I let him free run, but justlays there. He may run around a little bit. Butmost of the time he just sits around and lays around. I wasworried about it too. Glad I saw this blog. Guesshe's not the only one :)

Latest posts

Back