Are these weed/tree species safe?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azerane

Mod at Large
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm hoping you can help me out. I have some weeds in my lawn that I'm trying to ID, and I definitely have a Medicago species, possibly Medicago arabica (spotted medic) and if not, it's very similar. It's in the same genus as alfalfa, but of course that doesn't necessarily mean that it's safe.

I get the impression that it's not dangerous since it seems to be a commonly used pasture feed, however it could be a bit rich. So perhaps limiting Bandit's exposure to it is good.

I believe I also have some ribwort plantain (Plantago lanceolata) which does appear safe for rabbits from what I'm reading. Can anyone confirm?

I have a beautiful big Jacaranda tree in the middle of the yard, Jacaranda procera, I can find it on non-toxic lists for humans, but I can't find anything about bunnies. I'm not really intending on feeding it to him, but since it's deciduous, with leaves and twigs lying around, I wanted to be sure it wasn't lethal or anything.

Also, does anyone know if Moreton Bay Figs (Ficus macrophylla) are toxic? I also have a big one of those and with summer approaching it's shedding some leaves.

Last edited:
Back