Are these safe?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

button+banjo

Reaction score
My bunnies got these toys for Christmas (not from me) and I was wondering if they were safe to give them. Pics attached.

1545841152664.jpeg1545841198399.jpeg1545841226521.jpeg1545841247767.jpeg

The slims with carrot are crap junk food -- wheat flour, corn flour, soybean... no need to feed those.

The second one is just dehydrated apple. That should be fine. Just don't let bunny eat too much at once. About a teaspoon or two's worth would be a full day's quota of "treat." (dehydrated fruits are more concentrated so that's why I suggest less than the normal 1-2 tablespoon's worth)

My rabbits love those fake carrot things, but they're definitely not something to feed every day. It's kinda like a human eating a foot-long candy bar.

Dried apple is good, but that's a huge chunk of apple in that bag. My doe would snarf that whole thing down at once if I gave it to her. I typically give a piece the size of two thumbnails or so.

We give our bunny one small dried apple ring every day. She adores it and grabs it out of my hand. It is her treat for going back in her indoor hutch from her outdoor playpen. We get the apple rings from Trader Joes because they are unsulfured. We only give her one tiny piece because fruit isnt really good for her.

Latest posts

Back