ARBA National Convention - not allowed to bring rabbits..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunniekrissy

Reaction score
I just read on the Convention website that breeders are not allowed to bring rabbits onto the fairgrounds that are strictly for sale and not entered in the show. This concerns me because I was hoping to buy 1 or 2 rabbits there (as pets). I would be happy with either pet quality or show quality (English Lop and French Lop). Are you aware of this situation? Is this rule common at shows? If you wanted to sell rabbits at the show, what would you do? Would you enter the rabbits anyway in order to bring them along for selling? How old must rabbits be to be entered in shows? Thanks for any insight.

This is very common for the National show as they have a limited amount of space.

There will be rabbits for sale there - but they have to be registered for the show in order to get a coop - and the only rabbits ARBA will allow are the cooped rabbits that have registrations for the show.

I hope that explains things!

Like Peg said that is very common for National shows.
Even at regular shows around here they commonly do that. Of course people bring rabbits for sale anyway, I'm not sure if they were entered in the show though.

Lot's of people enter rabbits in the show that are for sale and scratch them so they will have a coop.

Roger

Go and have a great time,might find the bunny you want,good option is to look at a bunch of bunnies ,talk to the breeders ,get a card or phone number then go to there rabbitry and have a larger pick and see how they are raised.

The Flemish breeders were told that they could bring rabbits for sale and keep them cooped in their room. I'd assume some other breeders will do the same thing. Be be advised, from my experience, any rabbits sold at Convention will be pricey, regards less of quality.

Thanks for the responses and info. The problem for me is I can't seem to find very many French Lop/English lop breeders in my area. (Southern California) If anyone knows of any, it would be appreciated. Thanks again!

If I were you I would look for some local clubs and contact some breeders outside the show. As was mentioned, rabbits at the convo will likely be over priced. Going to a smaller local show might be a better option for you.

edited to add:

Here is the local club for you
Riverside County Lop RBA
Serving Southern California [align=center]President - Ida Crott
Vice- President - Bonnie Rowan
Secretary/Treasurer - Vicky Ott
[email protected][/align]

Latest posts

Back