APOLOGIES and UPDATES

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo B Bunny

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I first want to apologize for my absence.

We had county fair, state fair, and had to move Luke to Purdue....

He nearly had a nervous breakdown. He has always had issues with being a perfectionist and the thought of being perfect for college overwhelmed him along with the whole homesick thing. He's never been away from us and it was really a difficult transition (I thought I might end up with a nervous breakdown myself!) I was driving to Purdue every couple of days at one point just getting him to doctors' appointments and stuff to get him on his ADHD medicine again...... I was getting no less than 50 texts a day from him ..... it was NOT fun... I was crying all day cause I couldn't fix it.

We have him settled now and he's actually doing great!!

Then, my ISP was horrible for about 3 weeks... we got a couple of times a day online and then POOF.... I just recently got back to where I can get on my email account with them! ... so I would go on, check a thing or two and never make it here... but until last week I couldn't even think about being here.. I was too stressed.

I couldn't get online to pay bills - I don't get paper bills.... so I was a day late paying my electric bill and had a $25 balance from the month before SO..... they shut our power off....... grrrrrrr...... I got it back on within the day but it was not a good time.

Now, Lexi came down sick and had a high fever (103° F was the highest I caught) so I took her to the doc and they tested her.... she was positive for Influenza A and that is assumed at this time to be the H1N1/Swine flu since it's not time for Flu A here yet. Several of her friends got sick around the same time last week.....

So, that's a big bunch of what has gone on with me.....

Bo, Clover and Tony are just fine! My cousin next to me has 5 or 6 mini rex babies right now! and 5 dutch! I get a little distracted there :) One is a little castor like Bo and when I pick him up he gives me that same little disapproving look if I tickle his tummy! I love him!

I miss you all and somehow I am going to get caught up!!!

Welcome back!
Sounds like you've had quite a hectic time. I'm glad you're getting settled and back into the swing of things.

Oh, it IS swine flu. They just test for Influenza A and if it's positive they assume it's H1N1/Swine flu since Influenza A is not here yet this year AND.. Swine flu will test positive for it.

Crazy stuff!!!!

Thank you for the nice wishes..... I hope you've all been well!!

:welcome2:bunnyhug: to you for being the one on the receiving end of it all - it always lands on us mums:D

thoughts and prayers for luke for doing well at college. hope lexi is feeling better too.

and loads of noserubs to the bunnies.

also - dont talk to me about computers and isps:X

My daughter who is 8 is firmly convinced she will live with me forever... :)
I stress over the college thing and try to not think about it till it gets here....
I am glad things are settling down for you some now at least and that Luke is doing much better! I worry about that with my bills at times. I am pretty much all online now. I have payments set up through Dec...just in case I cant get online. ( I float on unlocked local wireless) Some days are better than others...the last 4 have been horrible...

Well...welcome back!

I am glad your back and hope your daughter will come around a ok.

Sending prayers your way oh and give bo a tumy rub for me please

welcome back and hugs to you and your family , wow what a few weeks you have been having. glad to see you back and i hope your daughter gets better fast, and your son get better with being at school.

Goodness! Well, now that is over with, now you can have a long stretch of everything going smoothly, right? (Let's keep our fingers crossed!;))

Btw, that swine flu is just the WORST! I'm pretty sure that is what I had back in August. What other symptoms does Lexi have? Aches, tummy, headache, stuffy head? I hear it can vary a bit from person to person. I hurt so bad, from head to toe, that I told Dave, "I'd just rather die!!" (Drama, I know.) I have a pretty high pain threshold, and have had arthiritis since my 30's, but those body aches were so bad, I think I know how malaria victims feel...

Orchid wrote:
I am pretty much all online now. I have payments set up through Dec...just in case I cant get online. ( I float on unlocked local wireless) Some days are better than others...the last 4 have been horrible...

Sorry to go off-topic, but if you're using someone else's unlocked wireless, I hope you have a REALLY good firewall on your computer. Especially if you're doing money transactions (paying bills).

My husband (in IT) described to me how easy it is to set up a "honey pot." Basically, someone *purposely* leaves their wireless unlocked, and when someone else jumps on it, they can track everything you do on their network.

Anyway. Be careful.

BarnYard Flu

What is the difference between bird flu and swine flu?

For bird flu you need tweetment.
For swine flu, you need oinkment.

BethM wrote:
Orchid wrote:
I am pretty much all online now. I have payments set up through Dec...just in case I cant get online. ( I float on unlocked local wireless) Some days are better than others...the last 4 have been horrible...

Sorry to go off-topic, but if you're using someone else's unlocked wireless, I hope you have a REALLY good firewall on your computer. Especially if you're doing money transactions (paying bills).

My husband (in IT) described to me how easy it is to set up a "honey pot." Basically, someone *purposely* leaves their wireless unlocked, and when someone else jumps on it, they can track everything you do on their network.

Anyway. Be careful.
lol...thanks but I am looked after....

:welcome2I was wondering where you have been, I missed seeing your avatar of Bo. I think if I had to pick just one yours would be my favorite :biggrin2:

Sorry things have been so hectic, I hope it gets back to normal for you very soon.

Glad you're back! I can understand how hard it is to be a perfectionist at college--they raise the bar from where it was in high school and a lot of things (tests, hw) are designed to be harder than you really can handle, especially at one of the better schools like Purdue. I remember the class average on some of my organic chemistry exams (as a freshman) being 50 and getting a 70 and it was an A, or getting a 30, but it evened out in the end and I still got a good grade. It just blew my mind after getting 100% on most things in high school. It's a real adjustment to make; that you just have to be better than average, not THE BEST. Plus, you can tell Luke that I got into a good grad school even with a couple of C+'s on my transcript ;), if that's his worry, and plenty of my friends with similar grades got into med school, got jobs, etc.

Latest posts

Back