Apollo's Acres

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dajeti2

Reaction score
I just thought I'd take a minute to introduce the kids.

Otis is an English Lop. He is a year and a half old. He is my clown. Heis always tripping on his ears and then gives me a dirty look like Idid it. I can't help but laugh as I tell him, I'm no where near yousilly. He doesn't hop he walks which is really cute. He looks like abasset hound puppy. He also happens to be special needs. His mommystepped on him as a kit and partially ruptured his eye. The eye healedbut it tiny and barely fills the eye socket. Otie is a piggy when heeats hay and such so I have to flush his eye for him 1-4 times a day.The flushing tends to dry his eye out so he gets moisturizing eye dropsthroughout the day.

In my lap

ADayOut126.jpg

1st trip to the park

ADayOut074.jpg

Christa is a Mini Lop. She is just the sweetest little girl. She is ourPrincess. Every morning she has to get nose kisses and the same in theevening. She follows me every where when she's out. When she's in hercage she is always facing me and watching me. The only time she getsmajor 'tude is when I clean her cage. She's a neat freak and if I don'tput everything back exactly where it was, look out. She will throw atantrum like you wouldn't believe.

Trying to hide her dewlap from the camera

Captured2006-4-600031.jpg

Aug23pm037.jpg

Hopi is a Mini Lop/New Zealand mix. He is a really sweetie. He isforever getting into trouble. When you catch him doing something heshouldn't he'll hide his head. Guess he figures if can't see him itwasn't him chewing the table leg. His newest game is pet me...not.He'll run up and nudge us, as we reach to love on him off he goes.He'll binky around and start another round. He'll finally wear himselfout and flop right next to us for his lovings.

My imitation of a human

July10thpm078.jpg

Making a mess for mom hehehe

Captured2006-4-600017.jpg

Stormy is my little heart attack. He's a Polish. I swear this littleguy lays awake at night thinking of new ways to scare me half to death.Stormy is having a very hard time adjusting to losing his eye sight. Hestarted developing cataracts and took it very hard. We just take it dayto day with him. There are days he doesn't want to leave the securityof his cage and we respect that.

Oh no she has the camera again

May28tham028.jpg

Playing with Jer

Jan10thOtisandStormy067.jpg

Well, these are the bunny members of our Zoo Crew.

Oh my lovely crew but this one looks like my Connor! Cept I am not sure what he is.

100_6354.jpg

dajeti2 wrote:

Stormy is my little heart attack. He's a Polish. I swear this littleguy lays awake at night thinking of new ways to scare me half to death.Stormy is having a very hard time adjusting to losing his eye sight. Hestarted developing cataracts and took it very hard. We just take it dayto day with him. There are days he doesn't want to leave the securityof his cage and we respect that.

Oh no she has the camera again

May28tham028.jpg

Playing with Jer

Jan10thOtisandStormy067.jpg

Well, these are the bunny members of our Zoo Crew.

The pet store we rescued Stormy from said he wasa Netherland Dwarf. Pam Nock said he's definitely not a ND but lookedjust like her Polish. The pics I've seen of Polish I have to agree.

I loved looking at the pics of your babies! Theyare all so adorable and you can really see their personalities throughthe pictures. Are any of the kids bonded or are they all separate?

This picture is my favorite:

Aug23pm037.jpg

Wait, its a tie between that and this one:

July10thpm078.jpg

They are just too much!

Thank you. No none of them are bonded. Christaand Hopi were bonded til the gender fairy came and gave him boy parts.I'm hesitiant to try and bond them. Christa is a complete neat freak,the slightest mess in her cage drives her bonkers for hours. Hopi is ahopeless mess lol. He is just so messy. Give him hay in his rack, herips it down and spreads it every where. Dumps his litter box everychance he gets. So not sure how that will work.

I am thinking of possibly getting Otis a girlfriend. I am just notready to add anymore bunns yet. We lost Apollo a year and a half agoand Koda and Norman 6 months apart last year. Maybe eventually.

Ive heard of Apollo and how special he was. I cant imagine how difficult that was for you.

We're glad to have you back :hug2:

Thank you.

Apollo was definitely one of a kind. He went everywhere with us. Heloved everyone, human and critter alike. He was really laid back too.

Aug23pm156-1.jpg

HiGirls.jpg

CoverIt.jpg

Apollo ROCKED. I mean - his pictures ruled thisboard. Let Tina post pics of him and EVERYONE flocked there to seethem...he was one of the most personable bunnies I've read about.

His passing was a major loss to not only Tina and her family - but this board.

Peg

dajeti2 wrote:
Thank you.

Apollo was definitely one of a kind. He went everywhere with us. Heloved everyone, human and critter alike. He was really laid back too.

Aug23pm156-1.jpg

Thanks Peg. I have to be careful because once I start talking about Apollo I could just go on and on lol.

Not having a camera anymore is driving me bonkers. I really need to go get one even if it's a disposable for now.

Tina! :hug:

How wonderful to see pics of your babies :bunnyheart including precious Apollo :inlove: :bunnyangel:

Pipp wrote:
Haley wrote:
Ive heard ofApollo and how special he was. . .
Yeah, Tina's pretty special, too. :bouquet:

sas :hearts

embarassedgirl.gif
Thank you very much.

Laura, I don't know how I missed your response but I did. I'm sorry, Iwasn't ignoring you Sweetie. I adore that picture of Apollo. It's oneof the ones I use as my screensaver.

I'm so happy.:elephant: Dale surprised me by buying me a new digitalcamera last evening. I was experimenting with it and :shock:, it takes some awesome shots. Otis wanted no part of it at 4am, Stormythumped and I got the butt. So here are Christa and Hopi checking outthe new camera.

Christa
What is that camera doing in MY cage
ChristanHopi3.jpg

What's that noise
ChristanHopi6.jpg

Do treats come with that flash
ChristanHopi8.jpg

Here this is my good side
ChristanHopi9.jpg

Being a Princess is so demanding
ChristanHopi12.jpg

Hopi