Anyone have a split personality bun?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaevePotter

Reaction score
Snoopy and I will be loving on the floor with me petting his head and kissing him, but then occasionally I will move in a way he doesn't like, for instance taking another hand to the other side of his head, and he will get mad and charge, slap, grunt, and give a warning bite at my hand or face! oops. Just wondering why he does this? Because then I can calm him down and he goes right back to being a mushmelon.

That has also happened to me. I 've read that bunnies don't see very well up close so they get scared when they see something coming towards their face. They charge and bite before they realize what it is. That's what I've read anyway.

Yes - your bun also might not understand that the hand that comes swooping in is part of you, not some weird foreign object. Nibbles still seems to view my feet as disconnected from the rest of me, especially if they're in her way. ;)

Bo sometimes does this but I think it's a couple of things. When he's really aggressive and boxes at me, I think he's telling me to stop whatever it was he didn't like - sometimes it's he wants to hop around and I am keeping him from that by petting him.

Other times, it's sort of a game - he'll act like he's going to ram me, etc., then binky and take off. I guess it's some sort of game like cowboys and indians for kids.

I almost think its because he gets scared, like last night the rats made a loud crash and he did it, but luckily my hands were out of the way hehe.. its like ahhh I just got woken up from really good cuddling! whats going on??

Latest posts

Back