Anyone got Guinea pigs?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here they are!! Our gorgeous babies!! (we dont know the sexes.. but Dave really wanted a boy and a girl! lol).

So we have: Winifred Thomasina and Edmund Pyrrhus (MN's pending lol)

Here they are:
IMG_2068.jpg
(Winifred is left, and Edmund is RIght)

IMG_2071.jpg

Winifred and Edmund! Their awesome colours

IMG_2072-1.jpg

Gorgeous girl Winnie

IMG_2073-1.jpg

Such interesting swirls!

IMG_2070.jpg

Winnie and Edmund

So super proud! Bit worried about Anouk though, she still seems to be hopping around a bit. Im going to give her a bath and clean her up a bit tomorrow. Im just a tad worried about her hopping round and not using her back legs much.

OMG! They are just precious :inlove:Looks like you have two American TSW (tortoiseshell and white) guinea pigs.

Not sure what is going on with their mother. What is her diet like? I wonder if she is getting enough calcium?

Yeah I was very suprised by their colours! Barnaby (the father) is a red crested and their mother Anouk is white albino (pink eyes) and they are so dark! lol.

Im giving them unlimited lucerne.. what else should I be doing?

Congrats again! They're are too cute!! I've had a few babies come through my house as fosters. They're active little things. :)

I was wondering if Lucerne in Australia is the same as Alfalfa here in the States? That's what we've been informed to give babies & mom.

You may want to get Anouk looked at. Who knows what could've happened during the birth. I'd be afraid that either A) somehow when she gave birth, one of the pups 'injured' her pelvic/back side or maybe there's another pup 'stuck' up there??? Just throwing out a few ideas.

I hope she's ok and keep us posted please. Good luck! And here's a good link that may help w/ sexing the pups: http://www.guinealynx.info/sexing_pups.html

She seems much better now, I think she just needed a bit of rest (which she is doing now!) Both babies are doing well and are very sweet and playful with mum! Im just trying to handle them as much as possible so that they may eventually like me!

ZoeyGirl wrote:
I was wondering if Lucerne in Australia is the same as Alfalfa here in the States? That's what we've been informed to give babies & mom.

Yes Lucerne in Australia is what you guys call alfalfa

Glad to hear Anouk is doing better

Ah im so in love with the babies! Dave thinks they are adorable as well! But such suprising colours! Dave keeps joking that our rabbit (who is black) must have mated with Anouk because the babies are mainly black!

Bex&Bun wrote:
She seems much better now, I think she just needed a bit of rest (which she is doing now!) Both babies are doing well and are very sweet and playful with mum! Im just trying to handle them as much as possible so that they may eventually like me!

I'm glad to hear that she is doing well :)

Don't forget that guinea pigs are prey animals so their instinct is to run when someone tries to reach into their cage and pick them up. Don't take it personally ;)

Yep I know that they may never like me (the other two are hesitant to like me!) but since they are babies im hoping to train them to be no so scared of me. I make sure they know my presence before I look into their cage etc. so I don't scare them and I talk to them alot!

Thanks Cheryl for the clarification. :)

Congrats again on the babies and I'm glad mom's doing better. Handling the babies may help but like lovethempigs stated that they may never really bond w/ you but you never know. Almost all of mine will come to the cage for a treat. Most will run off if I try to pick them up. I do have a few that I've had longer that won't. Not sure if they 'like' me or just know it's useless to run. ;)

Oh my, they are too cute congrats ;) I have a small herd os show piggies.
I have:
Epic Fiasco - Black Texel Boar
Hanging By A Moment - Himalayan Texel Sow
Glitter On The Floor - Seal Texel Sow
My Kinda Rain - Tan Texel Sow
Silver Seconds - Chocolate W/ Silvering Peruvian Boar
Somebody's Heaven - Himalayan Peruvian Sow
Keeping The Silence - Himalayan Peruvian Sow
Shake Down The Thunder - Dilute Agouti Peruvian Boar
Lucifer - Golden Agouti Peruvian Sow
Waiting For Love - Marten Sheltie Sow
&
Wrong Impression - Tan Sheltie Boar.

That's everyone ! :) They come from the best breeder in Ontario. She breeds those breeds. She also has smooth coats, but the aren't really my thing :p

Latest posts

Back