anyone ever breed a mini rex to a dutch?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
funbunbun wrote:
well this was anaccidental breeding of a mini rex doe (broken black) and a blue dutchbuck

any ideas of the outcome??

Ooo, a genetics question!!!! Pam???:D

I think another member had a black dutch doe and a castor Rex buckaccidental pairing. She got some wild colors, one looked like aD'Argent.

Rose

The pairing would result in some interestingmarkings :) Some will have Dutch markings as the dominantnormal of the Mini Rex is incompletely dominant over the recessiveDutch marking gene. Some may have broken markings and somemay have no markings. Most of the babies will have blackmarkings -- other colors are possible depending on the recessivescarried by the parents.

I believe the litter that Rose mentioned was from Britain and appeared to also have a Silvering gene that D'Argents carry.

The Dutch marking gene and broken genes may also combine to form hybrid markings such as those in the photo below.

Rex fur is recessive, so the babies would be normal furred.

Pam

thanks a bunch for the info pam!! greatshot of the netherland/dutch cross verry cute i can't wait tosee what we get

errrgh i have so much to do!!! get a nest box built and all that stuff!!!:?

funbunbun wrote:
thanks a bunch for the info pam!! great shot ofthe netherland/dutch cross verry cute i can't wait to seewhat we get

Would you believe that is actually a photo of a purebred Dwarf Hotot? :)

Pam

pamnock wrote:
Thepairing would result in some interesting markings :) Somewill have Dutch markings as the dominant normal of the Mini Rex isincompletely dominant over the recessive Dutch marking gene.Some may have broken markings and some may have no markings.Most of the babies will have black markings -- other colors arepossible depending on the recessives carried by the parents.

I believe the litter that Rose mentioned was from Britain and appeared to also have a Silvering gene that D'Argents carry.

The Dutch marking gene and broken genes may also combine to form hybrid markings such as those in the photo below.

Rex fur is recessive, so the babies would be normal furred.

Pam
OMG that's a cute bunny! I wish they would get rex fur tho! I love rex fur!

Latest posts

Back