Anyone ever been to Rhodes Island in Greece?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsBinky

Reaction score
I was discussing with the Mr. about a place we could move to and settle. We are opposites... He loves big city, I love peace and quiet. He'd move to Boston, I'd move to the countryside. Lol.

I absolutely refuse to move to Athens. Athens freaked me out and for the first time in my life I had anxiety attacks. Lol :?Then, he mentionned Rhodes. Woooow it looks gorgeous!!!I don't mind people, nor busy streets, but I cannot stand buildings so high and close together that you don't see the open sky. I missed trees and grass terribly. Lol. Rhodes though seems to have everything he would like, be practical and be a beautiful place to live.

So has anyone been there? What did you think of it?

Well, you know my answer... Remember, when we were discussing about this a few months ago, I told you that the best choice for you to live is Crete or Rhodes, because, being the two bigger Greek islands, they have an infrastructure that makes it practical and pleasant to live there all year through, not only during the busy, summer vacation period. I agree with you about Athens. Crete is even bigger than Rhodes (over twice its size). Why don't you visit both places, when you come over, and decide which one makes you feel "this is the one"?

Marietta

i know nothing about rhodes, but i can't help asking, why are you wanting to move to adifferent country? i just curious:p, you don't have to answer:embarrassed:

is sounds pretty! i found some cool pics

lots of castles!

I've never been to Rhodes, but I have been on holiday to Crete, a few years ago, and OMG, it was beautiful! I'd kill to go back there someday... The only other Greek island I've been to is Corfu, which is equally as beautiful, but very holiday-ish in places (me personally, I like to go on holiday and not see English people if I can help it lol, no offence intended! :p)

Anyway, I'm of the opinion that all the Greek islands are beautiful, so if Rhodes is half as pretty as Crete you should be fine! :)

Marietta! Lol I couldn't remember if you had mentionned Rhodes :pI remember Corfu, Crete, and yucky Athens. Lol :pI prefer small, but big enough. So I guess Rhodes fits better for me. Ah he just said that it is less accessible. I don't know if he means for him or if he means to travel to and from Piraeus. We need to calculate access because if there is an emergency we need his mother or sisters to come etc. In any case, he doesn't seem to like it as much. We'll visit to find a place but I don't know if we'll visit multiple places honestly.

LadyBug, it's gorgeous eh? When I saw the castle walls and all, I was amazed. It just looks so appealing. They have many parks and attractions. One has to do with butterflies as they'd flock there. They also have an Ostrich farm and have many animals, including rabbits. Yes, I have already located the rabbits :pWe are moving because the situation (he's in a wheelchair)calls for us to move. Mario is Greek (it's actually Marios) and he is very close to his family for one thing, another is the fact that we will require help at times and I have no one around here to help us. When I saw the winter, I was glad he wasn't here. It'd have been cruel for him to have been confined to the house that long. That was really the turning point for me :)

Hey Jen, I've never been there. I've been to busy busy Athens and the quiet quiet island of Syros. Boy were the two night and day! Lol. In Athens I felt like a 5 year-old wanting to hold mommy's hand while walking outside the house. In Syros I felt like myself, knowing that if I had to, I'd be fine to walk around on my own. I did find the island beautiful, but what really hit me was the different lifestyle. There, people chit chat, they sit, relax, eat long meals by the sea... I mean, people actually take time to enjoy themselves. It's a huge difference for me as I am looking exactly for that. Here, people are constantly rushing, always impatient, eating fast food or frozen foods, etc. I loved how when there was a wedding, the neighborhood came out and celebrated as well even though they were total strangers. It's just a very very nice thing.

Latest posts

Back